Good or bad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Topic might be in wrong spot but, I just got my swap (DOHC VTEC) for my 96 HB. I have never had any kind of aftermarket clutch until now. The guy talked me into buying a clutchmasters 6 puck and also a JUN flywheel w/ toda timing belt. The clutch grabs right at the top. I was doing some research about clutches and flywheels and they were talking about how they wear out so I got concerned. I wanted to know if their are any signs I could look for if my clutch starts to go out or if my flywheel is bad or going bad or anything bad to look for. Also, is the clutch supposed to grab right at the top of the lift? Any help is cool. Thanks in advance.

-J to the P

if your clutch is going out you will know. iyoull grind when you shouldnt and it will be hard to shift. its not fun.

i dont wanna thread jack but do you know whats the diff between 4 puck and 6 puck clutches?

pucked clutches are not a great choice for daily driving ... they have a very harsh engagement and they also cause added stress on the tranny

4 and 6 puck

Look at that link and there will be 6 picutres. The clutches shown there are the 6 and 4 puck clutches.

I have some buddies that had 6 puck clutches in their EX's and they tore up the tranny.

I dont want my tranny tore up so what could somebody recommend instead of my 6 puck clutch?

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 3 2003, 02:10 AM
pucked clutches are not a great choice for daily driving ... they have a very harsh engagement and they also cause added stress on the tranny

:werd:

even a stage 1 still chatters when you come off it...

race clutches are way too much unless your putting down serious serious horsepower (and don't drive the car much)

the JUN flywheel is great, the toda timing belt really isn't needed cause the factory unit is fine adn should be replaced when the head is taken off, as far as teh clutch it depends on power and if the car is daily or not.

:concur: I had an ACT 4 puck in my EG, and it destoyed 2 tranny's. I switched to an organic street disc and have not had a problem since.

Back