good places online to buy tools?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm lookin for tools, in particular a cherry picker/engine stand and a compresor/ air tools

where are some good places to buy online?

Originally posted by where eagles dare@Jun 28 2003, 11:39 AM
I'm lookin for tools, in particular a cherry picker/engine stand and a compresor/ air tools

Depends on the quality you want. If you want :worthy: Snap On (vey nice and expensive, their tools come with a lifetime or a longterm warranty), <_< Krapsmen aka Craftsmen (decent quality and price, same warranty as above, which u will be using alot because there sockets break all the time), or generic (cheap price and quality). As for a site, do a google/yahoo search.

Originally posted by NewAgeCivicz@Jun 28 2003, 11:46 AM
Depends on the quality you want. If you want :worthy: Snap On (vey nice and expensive, their tools come with a lifetime or a longterm warranty), <_< Krapsmen aka Craftsmen (decent quality and price, same warranty as above, which u will be using alot because there sockets break all the time), or generic (cheap price and quality). As for a site, do a google/yahoo search.

Very true... Snap-On and Mac are very good and come with lifetime warranty. BUT, they are very hard to come by if you do actually BREAK one of their tools, because you have to wait for the guy in the truck to appear somewhere, and they only go once a week to mechanics' shops in case you know a mechanic. I broke some Mac ratchets i had and had a VERY tough time finding one of the truck guys. Craftsman, on the other hand, is located in a store that you can go to ANYTIME your tools break. Choose whichever you want, i still prefer Mac or Snap-On shit but just something to think about

If you are looking for some decent quality stuff try your local parts store. You won't have to pay shipping and you have a place to bring it back to if it fucks up.

I always used craftsman shit from the home depot, no problems yet. That is with over 10 swaps under the belt. You can rent a hoist from a local shop if you want. They should run about 60 for a day.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 29 2003, 02:19 PM
I always used craftsman shit from the home depot, no problems yet. That is with over 10 swaps under the belt. You can rent a hoist from a local shop if you want. They should run about 60 for a day.

Milan

Craftsman is only at Sears

:bash:

Originally posted by where eagles dare@Jun 28 2003, 11:39 AM

Harbor freight tools has 750lb engine stand perfect for honda engines for $40 and $5 shipping, if you order somthin else so your total come out to over $50 then shipping is free on your whole order.

http://www.harborfreight.com/

and i also buy from Northern tools, but they dont got alot of automotive stuff, more of the yearda and garden type things.

www.notherntools.com

Harbor freight is the best for bigger tools like stands and hoists.

Youn can buy an engine stand at advanced auto parts for 35 bucks that will hold 750 pounds.

Originally posted by Prowler+Jun 29 2003, 05:50 PM-->
@Jun 29 2003, 02:19 PM

Milan

Craftsman is only at Sears

:bash:

nope. ive seen my air tools at home depot (might have been lowes)

Mikita (sp?) or another weird named company makes a lot of Craftsman stuff, but I'm pretty sure they don't sell anywhere but Sears. I did a search and couldn't find a single other place that sold Craftsman.

Originally posted by BlackDelSol+Jun 29 2003, 05:55 PM-->
where eagles dare
@Jun 28 2003, 11:39 AM

Harbor freight tools has 750lb engine stand perfect for honda engines for $40 and $5 shipping, if you order somthin else so your total come out to over $50 then shipping is free on your whole order.

http://www.harborfreight.com/

and i also buy from Northern tools, but they dont got alot of automotive stuff, more of the yearda and garden type things.

www.notherntools.com

Harbor freight is the best for bigger tools like stands and hoists.

Dude, that site rocks. It has ever product ever thought of to be produced in a sweatshop in China... Cool.

Check this out. I gotta have one. ;)

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=44588

But I still haven't found an engine hoist... just motor stands. :(

buy tools at a local parts store buy in sets adn buy an lifetime war tools
if you buy on ine you have to ship to get warnt
as for engine stand buy a four wheel 1000lb stand the three wheel tend to tip

Back