1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good remote starter/alarm

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by ovcrash, Oct 6, 2003.

1. ovcrash

ovcrash Senior Member

anyones knows a good remote starter/alarm?
    I know Clifford makes some but only for automatic transimission.

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

i've been told numerous times you can't, or at least shouldn't put a remote starter on a manual, which is why most companies don't make them for a manual...

It could jump it into gear and stall the car.

3. toyz51

toyz51 Member

Clifford remote starters will work on a manual transmission. I have one on my car (5 speed) and it works great.

4. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

I had the option, but decided to get the big siren instead of remote start. (Garaged car)

Its very simple, you put it in neutral and you hit some odd button, and then get out, and it stays running after you turned the car off, then it will die, but once you go back out you hit another button on the alarm and it starts up, and will run for a while with the alarm on until you get in and turn the key to the on position.

Or something along the lines of that big complex process.

5. toyz51

toyz51 Member

Here is the sequence that has to be done for initializing for remote start on an manual tranny vehicle with a Clifford remote starter. Also when I refer to Clifford I mean actual Clifford alarms, not Clifford Matrix.
    [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted