Good Suspension upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5thGenCivic_Gude

Sup,
i am a newb on this site. I have a 94 civic dx coupe. Need a good suspension kit for my car. What do you guys recomend?

how much do you want to spend .... what do you plan to do with the car

Well, i want the ability to handle well on the street with turns. I dont really intend to do drag racing with it cuz it will be more of a show kind of car than an actuall full blood race machine. With about a $500 spending limit at the moment. Any suggestions?

lowboyz coils, stock shocks.

lol j/k

how SHOW are you going? you cant have both. if you want to tuck 19s at a show, your car will ride like ass and not handel half as good as it could. 500 bucks is kinda low-siding it.... 600 should cover you for just about everything.

if you want a decent daily driver setup, i'd say get eibach sportlines, and kyb agx's. but that won't get you very low

Eibach springs + KYB AGX is a damn good setup for street. Or you could be a ninny like me and blow $3000-4000 on all your suspension and have boatloads of fun.

:lol:

I had Eibach Pro-Kits and KYB AGXs on my car for a few years, and it handled very nicely while giving it a pretty good look.

s3f26f9d385ff0.jpg

Sportlines will drop you a little lower, and give you a slightly stiffer ride... but not much more than the Pro-Kits. One thing you should keep in mind is a camber kit- you don't want to drop your car almost 2 inches and then scrub away the inner tread of your tires all day. Drop it, then fix your camber. If you want to do all that for around $500-600, you could look into Progress springs (really good too, less expensive than Eibach) and a Progress camber kit (good, not expensive, and I have one for sale).

big fan of the eibach sportlines. rock some tokico illuminas. ridden this setup and its very very nice...you can get it all for close to 700

Well right now i have 17' motegi rims on there. But i am gonna go probably 15' becuz i feel 17 is to big for my honda. Plus i lost alot of hp with those wheels. (i miss my 13' wheels) .So you guys think Eibach is a good way to go?

Back