Good tattoo for a guy?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SasSi

My parents are in Hawaii for their 25th wedding anniversary & called me to tell me they're getting tattoos! :lol: My dad asked me where I thought he should get the tattoo (he doesn't want it to be visible) & what he should get. He wants something in memory of their trip. I thought of ideas for my mom, but I couldn't really think of any good ideas that wouldn't be too girly for a man to get.

Anyone got any ideas? Please be serious- well, as serious as it can get here in the lounge! I really want to help him! Thanks peeps!

Mine is on my right shoulderblade.

Next one will be either on right leg or forearm.

They could get each other's name tattooed with a palm tree or a volcano or something hawaii related.
Kind of hard to give ideas

Get a lay around their arms. Or neck.

Or a volcano on his chest.

Or, tell them to grow the f*ck up and act their age. :)

I HATE tattoos.

-> Steve

As a sidenote of my nasty response: my parents just got back from Hawaii too. They can get Tattoos in the US. My parents also went away and got Elfish shit tattoed to their arms. They did the design on Microsoft word and changed the font to "Middle Earth". Well, They forgot to type it in capital letters, so it doesn't say what they want it to .

Geeks. I laughed my ass off for weeks.

You can't go wrong with an armband have them do something that reminds them of their trip

s4074c90741ed4.jpg

let the flaming began and the photoshopers fun began =)

What about a shark or something? :shrug2: :hmm: Mabey a shark thats eating your mom's name. J/K.

He could get some meaningful saying or phrase in the Hawaiian language written in some cool sort of writing?

Tell him to get it inbetween his shoulderblades. Thats where I am getting mine.

sword fighting eh? I think you can do better=)

how about a tat of a surf board with both their names on it? or a hoola girl on his car arm so he can make it dance. Like on that one show that was on tv a long time ago but I can't remember the name of it?

jeffie, you look kinda like george michael...or whatever that 'i want your sex' guy's name was...

Get "Honda" on your left cheek, and "Swap" on your right cheek. Then Moon lots of people! I wanna get a BMW Mpower emblem tattoo.

okay, i am FROM hawaii, so i think i can offer you the best advice...

here are some ideas...

hawaiian band (no, not a rock band...its kind of a tribal tattoo, but hawaiian style)

a shark (sharks are seen as gods in hawaii, so they are also seen as good luck)

hyroglyphics (we hawaiians have our own hyroglyphics, kinda nice)

a pueo (owl, also seen as good luck in hawaii)

hibiscus (our state flower...very nice)

plumeria (another, very nice flower...i have seen guys with sleeves with these flowers shaded in...it doesnt look pussy at all...)

ohhh, the shaka sign!!! that would be an awesome remeberence tattoo...basically, thats the way we wave in hawaii...

we here in hawaii are actually majority japanese, so maybe some nice kanji (japanese characters) would be nice...

these are just ideas of what your dad could get to help remember hawaii...i would personally get either the hawaiian band, or the shark...

on another note Im thinking about getting another one myself.... hmmmmm no idea what to get so this thread might also help me out =)

jeffie...idk about you, but personally, i really love japanese art...i already have kanji on my left arm, and i planning to add a scroll on my back...i found that this site had a lot of nice japanese art tattoos , maybe it will give you some ideas...

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Apr 8 2004, 12:28 AM
Here is my rough photoshop, I do not want to spend that much time on it, but here it is:
s4074e1eacd153.jpg

you could have atlest used the horney cows in the background

anyways back to the tatoos

I would not mind getting something like the crest for my karate style but Im worried that one day I might change over to a different style DOH kinda like putting a girls name on your arm

this is a crappy picture of the crest I don't feel like looking for a better picture of it

img13.gif

Originally posted by mattcalica@Apr 8 2004, 12:24 AM
jeffie...idk about you, but personally, i really love japanese art...i already have kanji on my left arm, and i planning to add a scroll on my back...i found that this site had a lot of nice japanese art tattoos , maybe it will give you some ideas...

um is this a girl or guy? http://www.tattoobyshad.com/Photos/Bras/023.jpg

p.s if it is a girl then theres a work warning but you could just play it off as being a guy so it should be ok

Back