Good Tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I just bought 16" rims for my sol and now i need some good tires. I live in new england so i need a good tire that can handle the elements. Any recommendations welcomed

Nittos are overprice, overhyped, and overrated.

around like 100 per tire. I dont want nitto 555 they suck in weather other than perfect

I read about kumho ecsta's or something like that

kumho's are fine for just a daily driven car. if you want something sticky get azini's (sp?) thats what everyone here likes.

You mean Azenis, and they are poop on wet roads. I don't know how the Paradas do on wet roads, but folks seem to like them. If you can find a decent deal on the the Bridgestone Pole Position S-03 is good. I am running the new Yokohama AVS ES100 and they are great on dry roads, they seem to handle rain well, but I have not driven them in the snow.

keep your steelies for the winter :)

so3's are out of your price range at about 140 each
azenis are awesome in the dry, crappy at best in the wet, and i wouldnt DARE take my car out with them in even a dusting of snow.
i had parada spec2's... they were decent.
if you don't mind a low treadwear, pirelli p-zero asymetrico's rock.

a lot of people knock em, I've been using Kumho Ecsta 712's and have had nothing but good luck with them.
Very stiff sidewall, great tread wear, I've taken some nice 180deg corners at at least 60mph, handle great in wet weather (I can do 80 on the highway in the rain and have no problems) , They suck in snow. and they aren't that big of a dent in the wallet

if so3's are out of your price range try Bridgestone's RE950 they have all the same technology that the S-03's have but in a little harder compound. So that also means they will last longer.
I have these tires on my EG and for the money I would not buy anything else unless I was going for a all race setup.

toyo tires are decent.... i wouldnt say they are "the way to go"
there are several tires out there that are much better

Yokohama Avs Es 100's are pretty cool too. Also check out the Falken Azenis. Good for their price but they dont last very long.

Toyo's are better than Kumho tires but when you start to compare price it kind of makes the Kumho's look like a better overall deal.

Peace*

damn...i was going to get azenis too...so they wear out quick..do you guys mean normal driving or doing a lot of peeling driving. which tires are good and how much do the toyo or yoko mention above go for? i have some dunlop sp sport w-10 on my ride now..and it wears out on the inside of the front...the middle and outside is still good as hell too...i was thinking about reversing one of them and buying anothor tire 4 the other one...since i can see the metal wires on it. let me know.

Yeah, I take it your car is lowered, I would suggest getting a camber kit man and an alignment soon man.

yeah...i'm planning on doing that after i get my new tires...by the way, will camber kit last long if i do a lot of dragracing/streetracing?? i've heard some bad stuff about them...but i forgot what they were.

Back