1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good trade for a missile launcher

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by nootrac22, Aug 21, 2007.

1. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Police were hoping for a good turnout at their "Kicks for Guns" [COLOR=green! important][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][COLOR=green! important][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]sneaker[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] exchange, but they weren't expecting a surface-to-air missile launcher.
    An Ocoee man showed up and exchanged the 4-foot-long launcher for size-3 [COLOR=green! important][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][COLOR=green! important][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Reebok [/FONT][COLOR=green! important][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]sneakers[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] for his daughter, the Orlando Sentinel reported Friday.
    Taking advantage of the exchange's no-questions-asked policy, the man was not identified. He told the Orlando Sentinel that he found the weapon in a shed he tore down last week.
    "I didn't know what to do with it, so I brought it here," he told the newspaper. "I took it to three dumps to try to get rid of it and they told me to get lost." Besides the missile launcher police collected more than 250 guns. They were all exchanged for sneakers or $50 gift certificates

2. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

I think he could have done better than $50 pair of sneakers for that on the black market...

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i would have given him a LOT more than a $50 pair of Reeboks

on a side note those gun round ups are a fucking joke and almost never get the guns people are actually worried about... they get old busted ass guns that have been sitting in a closet for the past 30+ years and are barely in working condition any more... you dont see gang bangers going down to the "shoes for guns" collection and handing over their Glocks/AKs/etc.... you see little old ladies handing in the gun their dead husband kept in the closet
    /rant

heres a post on one of the other boards im on about these collections
    A BEST BUY in Chicagoland: Selling (s)crap metal at a gun turn in - THR

:) :thumbsup:

4. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

5. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

This was not.... WAS NOT a "surface to air missile launcher" It was a grenade tube found from any good Army Navy store.

The only "Surface to air" missile that can be carried is a Stinger missile system, which I guarantee is not something that he had. Other "Surface to Air" missile systems are mounted on the backs of large trucks.

Goddam fuck-tard piece of shit media and their gun lies again.

6. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Lol at Celerity. You made my sig once again.

And that Chicago story was a good read. Sort of a breath of fresh air to a lawful gun owner. Menino and and Boston City council make me sick, insisting that even though they support lawful gun owners, new laws are required. How about a more concrete mandatory sentance for gun crimes and illegal possesion, and maybe a break or two for people found smoking pot. If all these "gangstaz" all of a sudden found themselves with 10 year sentances for each illegal gun they were found with, I guarentee that gun crime rates would go down.

7. formby

formby learning in progress

it was a carrying case for a surface to air missile...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted