Good Turbo For H22A?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-$horty-

What would be a good turbo for an H22A without doing any internals?

Ive read that h22's arent the best engines to turbo if you dont plan on building it. something about the cylinder walls being some sort of composite metal that is pretty weak. plus ive heard stories of ppl blowing their h22 on 7lbs.

Yeah Ive head the exact same on that! Also for higher doses of laughin gas! Even though the motors are bigger.. doesnt mean the cylinder walls are any thicker or stronger!

thanks, i think i'll kit my car and paint it first...... then worry about blowing up my engine

im no expert but i had a 93 integra with an h22 and a turbo kit with a t3/t4 turbo and was running 10 pounds of boost all day and ran 14 pounds at the track three times on my completly stock motor all i had was turbo and exhaust.

and...........

what was the point of your post?

if you're going to stay at relatively low boost levels, considering a Mitsubishi TD05H-16G or 18G (or even a 20G) might be a wise idea. A FOAF here with a mitsu 16G has boost before 3000RPM... full 7pounds. Its rather scary. If you're not going to build the motor you might as well get a turbo that will spool easrly in your powerband.

The pistons are one of the weakest points in the H series engines. Detonation and anything over 250whp and you're gonna be needing a rebuild within a couple months of the install. Just be sure you get this thing tuned properly (some kind of Engine Management "NOT FMU"). If you keep it at or under 7psi and get it tuned properly, the engine should last for a while.
Good luck.

Mike
Http://web.tampabay.rr.com/mylude/

As for running Forged Pistons on an FRM Sleeve :unsure:

This is what you end up with

fb1c9f70.jpg

fb1c9f78.jpg

Damn, that is not good, I would have to encourage building up before you add turbo, save you a lot of money in the long wrong.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 28 2003, 04:54 AM
oh christ

dont by a gay body kit that doesn't fit right and paint it puke green

:fr:

Something like this ???

7.jpg

Grtz. CT

thanks, i think i'll kit my car and paint it first...... then worry about blowing up my engine
that would b a terribl iea body kits are lame. also th comosit sleve blocks are only after 95 the 95 an bfor jdm blocks are fine and 7 lbs wont blow a motor if its tund that dude must not have done so

Back