Goodbye Google Voice =/

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Ive come to the conclusion that google voice has only complicated my already complicated life. I spend way too much time checking it manically and firing out text messages when I should probably be calling back. Also, the service isnt perfect. Every once and a while callers get a "not in service" error when calling me and this is horrible for business.

Account created in September of 2009

Voicemails: 606
Texts: 1227
Placed Calls: 1846
Received Calls: 2307
Missed Calls: 621

Its a cool service, but even 1yr later its still far from perfect. Im going to try not using it for the next few months.

i would understand if you use it for work, which it looks like you do. but if all that was personal stuff, no thank you.

My favorite feature is the blocking feature. When certain people call you the phone svc tells em ur number isnt in service.

My ex gf gets that message and wonders how my friends can still call me.

i'm the opposite i would LOVE to have 200 calls a month :( i get way more than that. GV is a piece. great for those bandwagoners, like apple fans.

like cash here i too use my phone for work.

I use google voice for my home phone number. Some places don't allow you to give the same numbber for cell and home, so I use that. A couple of the buildings I work in I can't have a cell phone (or an iPod for that matter) so I use google voice to monitor the outside world -- incoming and outgoing texts and to disguise my desk phone number.

When I give my number out to people, I give them my GV number, then when she turns out to be a nut-case, I don't have to worry about her calling me after I block her.

The reporters/writers at my office do like it for recording phone interviews.

My boss uses it for everything.

Last edited:
^ agreed. All women get my GV number.

Im going to keep it, its just not going to be given out to clients.

Im already loving not having to use it 24/7 like i did before. Im way less stressed out.

What kind of cell phone do you have? Is your problem with google voice that you have to use the web client all the time to keep up?

What kind of cell phone do you have? Is your problem with google voice that you have to use the web client all the time to keep up?

Its the web client itself thats the problem.

Every time I log in, i see all the B/S from previous clients which can make me depressed (my job is a numbers game). It makes it wwaayyy too easy to send texts when a phonecall would finish the convo much faster. Sometimes, callers get a “not in service” error message for absolutely no reason (even after the service moved out of beta). Also, Im much more polite on the phone when my real # is online for people to call.

Back