goodbye mr honda , hello firebird...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Get a 93 or 94 camaro. (SS or Z28 or whatever the hell they were calling the fast ones that year) They were faster than the corvettes and had the corvette motor and suspension.

Still plagued with the "everything breaks" problem. And stay away from convertibles!

Yeah, droptop camaro's are trouble. Its an extra few hundred lbs of breakable stuff . . .

Let me tell you, one of the nicest cars I ever drove was a 1988 Camaro RS, burgundy with beige interior, 5 speed V6 with t-tops and power trunk / digital dash.

What a classy car that was. I was an idiot to pass it up, but I got another Supra instead.

I also chose the Supra over a Porsche 928S. Idiot.

The way I look at it is, a camaro/trans am/firebird/etc is a noisy, rattling, horrible vehicle to daily. And they shouldn't come in any other form than Z28 or SS. Whats the point of a V6 or little v8 camaro?? They are good at going fast in a straight line, when you take that away, they are just shit mobiles.

Unless said rattling clunking shitty handling camaro is of the 1967-1969 variety. Then its just cool.

sounds alot like a dumpster full of bowling balls being dumped into an empty trash truck.

Harley.. I hear ya. Trash on wheels.

My jeep (grand cherokee laredo 4wd blah blah) is solid as a rock though, no rattles at all. It was well taken care of, and still is. Rides/sounds like a luxury car.

Hell, my acura integra has more rattles and road noise than it does.

I'm so glad your rough and tumble SUV is so soft and luxurious for your tush.

Dude, your asking a bunch of people on Hondaswap if you should by an American car. You better be ready with a bullet proof vest. I've been down that road, but everyone here is convinced a Chevy isn't is reliable has a Honda. I put no more parts into the Hondas or Nissans I owned, then the American cars I had owned.

That being said. Who cares about the suspension on either. The Firebird is rearwheel, but thats about it. The Honda's are economy cars until you upgrade them. Unless you live in the far eastern side of NY, there isn't enough roads worthly of a good suspension. If your going for a faster car, are you really that much concerned with gas mileage? Also, help your local economy, not sure where the Firebird parts were built, but my Cobalt has the following plants it supports:
Engine: GM powertrain, Tonawanda & Messena
Wipers: Valeo, Rochester
HVAC: Delphi thermal, Lockport
Fuel injection parts: Delphi Energy, Rochester
Electronics, sensors: Delphi & Motorola, Elma
Plus probably more I can't think of.

Why on earth would you exchange one slow car for another slow car?

You don't know much about Formula Firebirds, do ya?

V8 in a V6 clad body (aka less weight) What makes it great is that it looks like a V6.

I was struggling with this a few years back. I'm just glad I didn't get one. I think you told me that same thing james. :ph34r:

im sorry, when i first read this i thought you were going to say ws6 firebird...

That'd be a Trans Am ws6.

A Formula Firebird vs a TA WS6 would result in the WS6 losing.

If youre going to get a firebird, at least get a TA so you wont look like a complete jackass.

Too many people on the road with the v6 firebirds and a mullet thinking they are tough shit until they get mobbed on by a mid 14 second honda. Ahh love it. :D

i checked it out, but its just not me, not to mention my turbo civic could probably rip it a new a hole. the only reson i thought about it was for a drag car not a daily, but i thought the 305 would have more pickup, which infact it doesnt.

stayin true to my honda's

Back