goodbye windows7 RC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
hello full windows 7 Ultimate :)

win7full.png

it officially releases the 22nd. Microsoft ExpertZone and Best Buy did a deal where if you were a BB employee you could get windows 7 ultimate for 700 points and $10 shipping. you just had to take a bunch of windows 7 quizzes (which gave you 800 points). 25,000 copies were available for the accommodation. and the first 3000 got it before the release date.

crazy deal. i have 2 more copies coming to me on the cheap from other deals, but they wont be shipped until after the release date.

also if you have a technet subscription, or can get in on some MSDNAA through a university windows 7 Pro RTM has been available for a few weeks.

nope they are all going to be put to use. my HTPC will probably get the OEM copy, and ill probably throw the pro upgrade on the gfs computer

Sweeeeeeet. I'll install mine this weekend. Looking to pull another 3 copies on .edu email addresses. Now I just have to send my "house party" invite out. I'm running a little late on that...

I couldn't wait for the 22nd although I preordered it already(Pro version; built PC and didn't want to buy XP or Vista); so I just got a bootleg Win7 Ultimate. Seems to be working fine and Win7 is very nice!

mine came in today, newegg.com shipped it last night.

haven't had too much time behind it but so far its really good. it feels right.
Keep in mind for the longest time I've always used the basic windows 98 layout, I really like basic, but, I really do like the new interface. So much that I've yet to change it to an old school template

32 vs 64 bit... someone advise me. i don't know which version to use.
i ran the advisor and it says my system is compatible with both.

my system is pretty basic, q6600, 2gb ram.

i just got a technet subscription (found a $100 off coupon :) ) so i have access to everything now.

I'm running 8 GB of DDR3 1600 RAM =) gotta love having full use of it!

B keep in mind if you install 64 bit, any hardware or software that isn't 64 bit capable may or may not work.

I have a external Linksys USB wireless adapter, linksys like soundblaster shits on its customers with any driver updates. Thankfully 328409820394823 people bitched about it and while linksys said to just buy a new device, someone else said F that and made drivers.

Look into your recording software, make sure it supports 64 bit.

So far most of my stuff is 64 bit, however a few of my things are not and the best I have is TBA on drivers. I've found ways of tricking the programs to work but IMO it takes too much work to make it worth while. For melodyne, you must change your audio settings in sonar, keeping in mind that will change my keyboard/samples and cause major delay, however the Melodyne plugin will work, once you're done using it you record it to a track, save, then reset your settings back..... Not worth it.

Sonar check
Motu interface check
Komplete check
Kontakt check
Battery 3 check
Guitar Rig 4 check
Pretty much anything NI check
EZ Drummer = Fial
Melodyne = Fial
Dummer Session check

Thankfully most places offer 64 bit install files.

whats up with the xp simulator add on? if i add that, can i run a 32 bit xp simulatied VM?

whats up with the xp simulator add on? if i add that, can i run a 32 bit xp simulatied VM?

Not sure, I do know with melodyne people had issues no matter what.

I believe Microsoft is willing to say their XP simulation will work with any Microsoft approved software from the past.

who knows.

I just left my computer on and left the house, I came back and the tower was fully off. ZERO sound. turned on the monitor and pushed the power button, the computer came on with the login screen up, I clicked my user name and I shit you not 2 seconds later windows was fully up and running even with internet. No need to wait for the wireless to pick back up.

NICE!

I didn't know it was an episode; but I do remember it being a commercial or something(it's on the Windows 7 preorder site for students).

Back