Google Chrome OS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
I installed Google Chrome OS on my flash drive but i can't get wireless networking to work on it. Any ideas?

I also have ubuntu and kubuntu as well as an alternate to windows i can install if Chrome OS is not an option at this point

we got to test out one of those Chrome laptops here at Access.

gods honest truth... it fucking sucks ASS. theres no real customization and its basically a giant PDA if you dont have an internet connection. just use linux.

i hope they scrap it.

consumer cloud computing is for the birds. who wants all their personal data stored up on some server in some warehouse with potential to NOT be able to get to it at some point? not me. i'd rather all that data under wraps at home either at my desk or in the closet...

i hope they scrap it.

consumer cloud computing is for the birds. who wants all their personal data stored up on some server in some warehouse with potential to NOT be able to get to it at some point? not me. i'd rather all that data under wraps at home either at my desk or in the closet...

Couldn't agree more.

Linux Ubuntu all day!!!

been running it since i heard about it a couple years ago.. not one issue on this coputer since i installed it!

Linux Ubuntu all day!!!

been running it since i heard about it a couple years ago.. not one issue on this coputer since i installed it!

I installed kubuntu yesterday(from a flash drive), now i just need to figure out how to "install" stuff when it's downloaded. I DL'd a theme to my desktop with .tar exention but don't know how to "apply" the contents as a theme like i do in Windows

installing things in linux is completely different. you have to use a package manager or the command line. there are no install files to "run" or "click on". you have to add repositories (web locations) to the package manage for the programs you want, find that program in the list, then install it that way. or use the command line in a similar fashion (ie using commands to basically do the same things i just listed, rather than a GUI)

Back