Google GPS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so att has the iphone, vz has the droid.

when are companies going to learn to have all gsm phones.

i will never buy another non-gsm phone.

we are the only country in the world that sucks like that. then again, we are always a couple steps behind in technology.

which is the exact reason im not going to bother with this phone

sure it sounds good... but its the same damn CDMA based shit verizon has now

ill wait and see what happens when they roll out their "LTE" network

im not going to drop money on a phone for a dieing network

Motorola does have a GSM version of the Droid coming out as well

:shrug2:

ill wait and see what the 2nd and 3rd gens look like before i drop money on this

exactly. american cell phones are bullshit.

every other country you can walk into "joes cell phones", buy a phone, throw your sim card in and rock and roll.

in the u.s. you have to pay 3x as much AND get a 2 year contract. it's bullshit. ugh

/rant

this driod IS made by motorola. i don't know why they would make a competetor to themselves....

who has an LTE network now?

I have a G1 and I love it. About a year old now so it's not the most current as far as equipment and such, but it's still more than enough for me. The best thing about Android is that it's open source and the apps far surpass anything for the Iphone/Ipod Touch.

The thing I don't like about a lot of the other touchscreen phones is most of them lack a physical keyboard. My buddy just bought the HTC Hero for Sprint and says it's great. For my money HTC makes some pretty nice devices, but the new Moto Droid looks pretty sweet.

My buddy just bought the HTC Hero for Sprint and says it's great. For my money HTC makes some pretty nice devices, but the new Moto Droid looks pretty sweet.
I think the Hero looks pretty sweet as well. I dont mind the digital keyboard on my Touch. It works pretty well with T9. I think the Pre has the google GPS too. When I was screwin with it at Sprint it did.
The Hero... I wants one.
APA6277KT_LPI.gif

this driod IS made by motorola. i don't know why they would make a competetor to themselves....

who has an LTE network now?

motorola is releasing this phone on multiple providers just like htc does with their phones
they are not competing with themselves... they are making their product available to a wider customer base

no one is currently running on the LTE network
LTE is the 4th gen network standard that most carriers are going to be moving to... Verizon completed its first round of data call testing in august 2009, rollout starts in 2010 and is planned for completion by the end of 2013

... which means we probably won't see it until 2012... i'm not waiting that long for a new phone. lol

I recently renewed my ATT contract and got the iPhone. It was either that or the BB Bold, but the price on the Bold went back up right before I was going to get a phone. I read about the new android phones the other day and was a little pissed at first. I heard that vzw will be going to the 4G stuff in the next couple years and they will support GSM, but I'm not sure how true that is. Either way, I can't stand verizons selection of phones right now, and don't really want to get a cdma phone, so the iPhone was the best choice. Hopefully in a couple years the android platform will be a hell of a lot better, and the carriers will be offering some hardware that can make full use of it.

I should be getting this android phone for my work phone when it comes out. I'll let everyone know how the navigation really works....

I am just happy to see some competition coming into the marketplace. Between WebOS and Android making a big push things can only get better.

I am just happy to see some competition coming into the marketplace. Between WebOS and Android making a big push things can only get better.
werd. I had held off on getting a new phone for so long that my old Razr was literally held together with electrical tape. I was hoping that there would be a good Android phone out by the time I really needed to upgrade, but it didn't happen. The G1 seems like an ok phone, but something about the feel of it just wasn't quite right for me.

When I eventually upgraded, I actually got the Samsung Eternity and had it for about a week and a half. It was a decent phone, but the touchscreen interface sucked. It was inaccurate and there was a noticeable lag that couldn't be fixed. Also you had to press quite hard on the screen for it to register a touch. I took it back to AT&T to return it and get a blackberry, and that's when I found out that the price had gone up. If I would have known that the Eternity wasn't going to work, I probably would have held off a bit longer, and would probably be going with verizon for the Droid or Tmobile for the G1, but I was already stuck in the contract, so the iPhone for $100 was what I did.

Overall, the phone is pretty damn nice. It's jailbroken now, and the apps that are available through Cydia are pretty good, especially the different tweaks and customization options that should be allowed on any phone. That said, I can't wait until the two years are up to change over, or at least until something damn nice comes out to convince me to pay the ETF and change carriers.

Last edited:
The iPhone (your so called iFail) already does this. The only real weakness it has is its current inability to run flash. But that isn't so much an iPhone weakness as a company weakness between flash and apple.. they are still battling over contracts as far as I know..
something I read within the last few days was that the flash issue had something to do with flash not being developed properly for the iphone, and that it wouldn't work correctly and caused problems.

Back