Google or Apple Calendar on smartphones.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
My boss has an iPhone and is looking to use "the cloud" to have some sort of calendar or datebook that he can access from his phone or computer to see his appointments.
It would be helpful if the secretary could access it from a PC to schedule or changes appointments.

I'm wondering if this is posssible, or perhaps google/Gmail has a similar feature that would work with droid, iphone, and pc.

i don't think it works with google that way. my google only syncs my mail, and does it pretty well. if you have an exchange environment, the sync is flawless....

yea, my gmail sync is on point with my phone.
phone lets me know i have an email, and by the time i click on it on the PC the green light stops flashing on the droid.

not sure what an exchange environment is but it might be beyond the capacity of the staff.

honestly, throw it up on a facebook profile. and sync that profile to your phone. it's the easiest way.

Google Calendar has this capability. You can share your calendar appointments with as many other people as you wish. My girlfriend and I use this. You can view the calendar from your phone or your computer.

Exchange and activesync is the way to do it.

For a 2-man shop, an exchange server license and maintenance costs is simply not practical.

My boss has an iPhone and is looking to use "the cloud" to have some sort of calendar or datebook that he can access from his phone or computer to see his appointments.
It would be helpful if the secretary could access it from a PC to schedule or changes appointments.

I'm wondering if this is posssible, or perhaps google/Gmail has a similar feature that would work with droid, iphone, and pc.

Google calendar comes as an android app and sync's with google's servers along with your gmail and contacts. I use it for all of my appointments. I like the fact that its accessible on my phone because a lot of times I dont have a pen and paper with me as Im away from my desk.

Back