Google Project Fi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I did the dumbest thing when I got my GS4 and that was give up my unlimited data. Freaking sucked.

Once google comes out with better phone selection I'm going to try FI. I found out my buddy has it that works at google and loves the plan but hates the big nexus. Hoping they have more than one option when the next round of phones roll out.

you can rest assure if Google Fi takes off they will be making more phones. As far as the price for the Nexus...they are cheaper then Samsung and Apple alternatives out of contract. Like I said the 64GB Iphone 6+ is $849 compared to The Nexus 6 64GB at $549. Even the Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge 64GB is $699 from VZW off contract. HTC One M9 32gb is $599 ...Even the LG G4 Is $499 but again its only 32GB

Price doesn't really matter when the phone is almost the size of my kindle fire hdx. Won't even fit in my suit jacket pocket. That's a killer for me.

Price doesn't really matter when the phone is almost the size of my kindle fire hdx. Won't even fit in my suit jacket pocket. That's a killer for me.
yeah it's not for everyone that's for sure. but big phones are becoming more popular. That's why Iphone had to make a 6+ to compete with the Note 4 and the Nexus because they were loosing out on the Phablet market. As usual Apple is a few steps behind

Just got my official invite, sim card should arrive Monday. I picked the 2GB plan $40/m I'll keep you posted on the how the service is. My goal is to stay on Wi-Fi as much as possible which for my situation will be easy having the work iPhone and 5GB hotspot to use when I need it.

Straight talk about $50 a month with taxes. I now get 5gb of data, unlimited calls and texts. I got a Galaxy 3 off a friend that uses att towers. I get great reception and my phone works in more places than my coworkers with Verizon.

then upp'ed my game to the Droid 4 (released in 2012) purchased used off amazon for $50 bucks

The droid 4 was the slowest phone I'd used in years... my old iphone 4s was lightyears faster. Our whole department got free upgrades to the droid maxx because we couldn't get anything done waiting 30 seconds for the browser to start to check our tickets.

SIM card just came in. Google sent me a nice little free gift as well. Ear Phone Headset, Portable charger, and a Nice case. Unexpected gifts are always nice. Phone is all setup, just need to wait for the number transfer to take place but I can get call and text over Wi-Fi until it transfers.

Just talked to a rep. They only have about 3000 Members so far. I thought it would be wayyyyyyyyy higher...but obviously it's not really advertised and also you need the Nexus 6. 3000 is just a very small sample to determine how reliable this service is going to be but we will see.

Fi%20Kit.jpg

Let us know how it goes. I have to wait until we close on the house before finishing the signup, so it doesn't negatively impact my credit.

Let us know how it goes. I have to wait until we close on the house before finishing the signup, so it doesn't negatively impact my credit.

I was a little confused on how it worked once I got the SIM Card installed but with a 2 minute conversation with a Google Rep i figured it out. You need to download the Project Fi App and it runs the setup program and bam, your done. The app contains all your account info, access to voicemail, call forwarding, and other service as well as billing info and payment info.

So far it's flawless. People tell me that my calls are crystal clear when im calling over Wi-Fi so that's a good thing. I also really like the Nexus 6. Again its size is not for everyone but I think once Google has this thing up and running, they will be coming out with a better selection of phones. It's fast, smooth and I haven't had any issues like Apps crashing or any other sort of problems. The battery life is the best I have ever had on a smartphone so far. It's been off the charger since 4PM yesterday with Blue tooth and GPS and Wi-Fi on I still have 1.6 days of battery life left with average use.

So my plan total is $43.19 a month after taxes. Shaved another $25 off my monthly expenses. I've only used .018GB of data of my 2GB so far and with constantly being connected to Wi-Fi or my Hotspot when I am out, I plan on getting at least $10 a month credit which would bring my bill down to about $34 a month. I think the only option is automatic billing but that's fine by me as I already had T-Mobile setup the same way.

Also, I Sold my old GS4 for $200, plus old computer parts, Tom Tom GPS, some old electric power tools and other house hold crap on Craigslist for $700 and more than paid for the phone + 2 months of service. :)

just got an email, 2 new phones available for this. starting to look more appealing

nexus 5x and 6p

5X looks legit. But I just switched to Cricket and its $55 for 10gb....

that's pretty good. i'm thinking about making the move someday... Would need to buy 2 phones though (mom is on my family plan) which is a big upfront cost for these guys at 500+ a piece.

i'm in when there's a 150-200 phone

I would just, never, ever, in my life need 10GB of data for a single line. My last two cell bills were less then $27 dollars a month.

I think I'll land more around 5gb but for $10 more I can get 10gb, might as well now. Currently I don't have access to wifi at work and ride in a vanpool to and from work, so I stream a LOT of music / radio / podcasts. Before this I was going over every month on AT&T and hitting around 4 gigs while watching my volume. Bills were getting large again even with the company discount.

My bro just signed up last night...he picked the 16gb 5x....he is currently paying $112 a month with att...saw what I was paying instantly switched ...

I would definitely be in if there was a cheaper option for the phone.

well, if your paying $100/m for service and you save $50 a month, it will take you 10 months to recoup the cost of the phone, from there on out it's a $50 a month savings

I pay $50 for 5g right now. I have an s3 that has been great but needs to be replaced at some point. If I was paying $100 a month then it would make sense.

i feel lucky with our AT&T MVSP, the company pays $40 for each phone with a block of data. after the extra $200 initial cost for the 6+ .

Back