Google Talk

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hrm.... looks like something i'll never use.

aim has the market, and while its sad, i don't see myself going to a new service unless everyone i know does. i'm not going to run 3 messengers...

nevermind.... that was something else...

installed i'm briancummiskey @ the g if you wanna add me

I was going to say, I highly doubt google has spyware/popups in their services ;)

And supposedly it will interface with other messengers after beta release (just like trillium).

only thing is it won't support the google voice chat over other clients like GAIM

I installed. steven.earl @ Gmail.com

It was the quickest goddam install EVAR.

Yeah, that was fuckin BLAZING. That bar went faster than a pound of weed at a phish concert.

EDIT: wavelengthdesigns [at] gmail [dot] com

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 24 2005, 09:05 AM
i'm not going to run 3 messengers...
[post=544452]Quoted post[/post]​

trillian owns you. all my messengers in one.

second.. AOL is losing something to the tune of 220,000 members (subscribers) per quarter. With those numbers, i can't see AOL / AIM sticking around for ever

Originally posted by mdlax1+Aug 24 2005, 01:58 PM-->
trillian owns you. all my messengers in one.
[post=544595]Quoted post[/post]​

GAIM is the same way :) i like it

mdlax1
@Aug 24 2005, 01:58 PM
second.. AOL is losing something to the tune of 220,000 members (subscribers) per quarter. With those numbers, i can't see AOL / AIM sticking around for ever
[post=544595]Quoted post[/post]​

yes but even though they leave AOL they still run AIM... :shrug2:
definatly wont stick around forever, but i dont see either one going away any time soon

anybody have links for GAIM? I love trillian... I installed google talk, and checked it out... It was okay at best... But one thing i noticed... its TINY... like... NO memory, NO space, runs FAST... which is what I like... Especially with as bad as Lotus Blows dogs my machine down.

God this is WIERD. You can close a conversation, then open it again and it picks up from where it left off ? And what the hell is the point of searching your contact list ? I can find the letters "STE" in my list, and open it's window.

Yay.

I hope they pick up a file send / webcam soon. www.nudewebcamnerds.com isn't paying me what I deserve.

-> Steve

I like GAIM, but the windows port is just plain ugly. What I did is I switched back to AIM, and used one of those win32 resource editors to manually remove the little banner window at the top. Ad-free official AIM client. :)

Back