Got 100 To Blow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

I have a white 89 CRX HF, all it really has is 17's on it , i have 100 to blow on it right now, im debating on what to get... it has a little bit of rust, but u can barely tell unless u look very closely, im debating wether to get clear corners and bumpers or coilover springs - the $60 ones, yeah i know they are cheap but they will do the job until i get better ones... i also have a system in the car, could update that maybe? any suggestions wanted thanks
Tj

Save and get performance mods...not shit that is going to make your car "look fast"

...also if it has rust have that taken care of as fast as u can so it doesn't spread and get structural.

Um...ya save up and get something better.Don't waste the time or money on the cheap coilovers,you'll hate your self,save a couple hundred and at least get some decent ones.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
agreed
dont waste your time or money on bullshit parts

:werd: Save up and buy something that will make a noticeable performace difference, like a good cai, or a good exhaust.

Originally posted by stud4u2c17@Apr 3 2003, 10:32 PM
I have a white 89 CRX HF, all it really has is 17's on it , i have 100 to blow on it right now, im debating on what to get... it has a little bit of rust, but u can barely tell unless u look very closely, im debating wether to get clear corners and bumpers or coilover springs - the $60 ones, yeah i know they are cheap but they will do the job until i get better ones... i also have a system in the car, could update that maybe? any suggestions wanted thanks
Tj

17's belong NOWHERE ON A CIVIC!!!!!

get a mini-me or swap pronto!!!

fuck the rice dude. it will do you no good.

i am 5 years sober and clean off the rice. its a nasty addicting habit.

For $100 you can find a 92-95 102 HP 1.5L DX/LX engine that'll bolt into your car with very little problems... That's a 30-35 horsepower upgrade to your wheezy little 60 HP HF engine.

That's my suggestion.

OR

Save up $300 and get a d16z6 out of a 92-95 EX or Si Civic.

if you've got 17's...get a front strut bar ASAP. theres a few that are about $100 or less.

Originally posted by doofnoil@Apr 4 2003, 12:05 AM
how about a bushing kit.

From what i have heard, the full bushing kits are a total bitch to instal. Also, i heard that they are loud as hell and creak like mad. Also they give a crappy ride. I wanted them for a while but then decided that it would be too much of a pain.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Apr 4 2003, 12:30 AM
For $100 you can find a 92-95 102 HP 1.5L DX/LX engine that'll bolt into your car with very little problems...

My friend works at Discount Auto Parts and he checked out how much it was just for a D15B7 long block (92-95 DX) and it was 2,236. Ain't that some shyt? Just thought I'd share.

Your stock bushings are fine. 100 will get you something nice from pep boys. And if it's from pep boys don't waste your time and money. Fix your rust.

Originally posted by karnash+Apr 3 2003, 11:25 PM-->
stud4u2c17
@Apr 3 2003, 10:32 PM
Tj

Quit telling people they can't have 17s.

On another note, use the 100 dollars to fix rust before it spreads. And save alot for an engine swap, that HF motor will take you nowhere, especially with 17s. Or try to part together a mini-me. If you don't know what that is, look up on the article on creating an "HF all-motor monster"

he could get an oem buching kit to replace the 12 year old SHOT one that are on it right now, that would help alot with response. And I don't really see how that would create a bad ride.

fix that rust!, I watched my buddys car get eaten up by that shit in a few years.....now it just looks sad........

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Apr 4 2003, 03:35 PM-->
Originally posted by karnash@Apr 3 2003, 11:25 PM
stud4u2c17
@Apr 3 2003, 10:32 PM
Tj

Quit telling people they can't have 17s.

On another note, use the 100 dollars to fix rust before it spreads. And save alot for an engine swap, that HF motor will take you nowhere, especially with 17s. Or try to part together a mini-me. If you don't know what that is, look up on the article on creating an "HF all-motor monster"

my posts are merely suggestions. no more no less.

Back