Got 100 To Blow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by doofnoil@Apr 4 2003, 09:06 PM
he could get an oem buching kit to replace the 12 year old SHOT one that are on it right now, that would help alot with response. And I don't really see how that would create a bad ride.

The OEM full bushing kits are alot more than the aftermarket ones like energy suspension ployurathane (sp?) bushings which are about 150-180. The problem with the aftermarket ones are that they do not give much so you feel everything, they are like extra little shocks. Otherwise if car manufactures wanted something more permant, they could go to metal but that would mean ride from hell. To replace them it is a ton of work. In alot of places, the bushings fuse with the metal. A shop around me (good shop, helped in the makeing of the Dart racing blocks) qouted me 700-800 to do the whole bushing kit. :kick: :thumbsdown:

take the $100 and save up.

I would at least look into a JDM ZC swap. I picked up my engine for $700Cdn with tax and shipping. I went from 96HP to 128HP for $700 ($400US @ 60%). Not too bad for 32HP

Plus I got a few other goodies installed also.. ie clutch, timing belt, etc which brings the price up a bit (another $500Cdn)

Back