Got 94 Gsr Trying To Wire Either A 97 Ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stolenteg

okay here is the thing my 94 gsr teg was stolen - my ecu gone (obd1)- I just got a 97 gsr ecu (obd 2) but the harness is set up different. So next best thing I started to try to hook it up- With little experience and a helms book I started by cutting the harness from my 94 and tried to use the harness off the 97 ecu and started to splice the wires and use wire cremps to connect- in the middle of things I noticed the 97 ecu had too many wires and some color didn't match. Now I got a headache- everyone does the obd2 swap to obd1, in my case i'm doing a ob2 swap to a obd1 harness - help me and you got a new friend. Holla -

holy crap your nuts!!!!

you are looking at cutting and soldering about 100 wires.

if you haven't gone too far yet... stop.

buy an obd1 gsr ecu, or go to skunk2.com or hondata.com and buy an obd1 -> conversion harness.... but BE SURE you get the right one... most of those harnesses are for putting an obd1 ecu on an obd2 car. you are doing the opposite.

hey do u guy have a picture of teh wire harness for the ob1 p72 (gsr ecu) i kinda need it right now..please post pics if u guy have it.....i need both side of the pic thank

holy :cockblocked: thread batman!

do you want the pinouts? or the ecu picture or what?

i want the picture of the wired harness, like the color code of it,, like where the wire connect to the ecu, i need that part, like when all the wires connect to the plastic connecting think,, thanks alot

ya that was helpful so far but we havent have time to get to it yet..do u have ne pics or links to pic..that would be very helpful if we have pics..thanks

isnt this:https://hondaswap.com/articles/viewer.php?id=32
the manual already..........cuz if it is we have it already..we just need to no was the gsr wiring harness looks like cuz my friend has a RS n he doing vtec n he is hooking up the gsr 72 ecu into his rs but he is missing sum wires so we need to see the pic to see wat wires are missing if yall have ne pics...please post thansk u...both side please!

Back