Got a another one!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

looks like i just found whjat i needed....
1 -- IHI rhb5 turbo (internal wastegate, oil cooled, t3 flanged) $75

1 -- No name Tubular Manfiold for d16 t3 flange (comes with block off plate for external wastegate lol with a chevy symbol cnc'ed on it. no cracks no leaks, came off of working car) $75

1-- DSM 1st gen bov on pipe and with the awesome cool plastic cover. $40

1-- Ford Probe/Mazda mx-6 intercoolers (very few bent fins, normal wear, flows very well) $45

1 -- Vortec 12:1 fmu $50

.....i wonder if the stock fuel pump on the cx is enough.....i also have some 99 b16 injectors in storage(are these bigger)....

were could i get a down pipe made for that turbo...i have a welder but no flange.....
any guesses or sugestions?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 13 2005, 02:50 PM
hmmm, just get a ZC or something, then wait a few weeks and turbo that.
[post=445215]Quoted post[/post]​

is you stupid?

lol, brian you and I both know a ZC is better than a d16y7. But I think he's saying go for the b swap cause it's probably not worth buyin another d.

be wary of the tubular manifold... no name log is alright, but tubular might = ss auto junk...

stock fuel pump is NOT enough, 12:1 = 12 pound boost in fuel pressure for every pound of boost...
stock fuel pressure = ?? i think 40 or 50? maybe 70? no idea, then add 5 pounds boost with 12 pounds fuel pressure per pound = an additional 60 pounds of fuel pressure needed just for 5 psi boost

i think b16 injectors are bigger but honestly i have no idea, i think flow rates are in refrence on this site? if not google, you will find it...
also check homemadeturbo.com for their dsm injector install write up

i'm excited for oyu
lol

and as for the downpipe, i would suggest trying to get a stock one for that car and then modding it to route to your exhaust, at the very worst at least you would have a flange... and there was a site, search like discount turbo or soemthing, they had every fuckin flange known to man, i wish i remembered the name for oyu

the b16 injectors are the same rate but are newer so ill use those....
for the Fuel pmp i am going to double up and install an inline pump plus the stock pump..
.the turbo is really small so i dont think that it will crack....if it does i think i can use the d series manifold from the cx and use an adapter plate..

..for the down pipe i am using a stock dp for the same turbo...and ill look into the injectors.........i dont know which ones i need...i know they have to be saturated....but not from what year

no you can use peak and hold, but you need a resistor box or to solder in some resistors, BTW those injectors BLueShadow has are mine.

I would really suggest just going with the HF/CX/VX mani right away it's just better. Don't use the stock down pipe either, have one made or make one so you can add a cat.

about the DP...i dont know were to get a flange for that turbo so i can weld it together

you can always rob the flange off the stock downpipe if its not cast...

yep, you could use that. I was gonna buy that turbo but if you pay first I guess it's yours. If its the same one we're talking about.

Back