Got a Audi TT today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

So me and my GF were headed down to my local speedshop today and on the way there we stopped at the Porshe/Audi Dealership to check out some cars. I had sat in a TT a while back and after some talking with a salesman we decided on test driving a gray 2000 TT hardtop (Test drove to the speedshop to get my parts lol). Well I only drove the car there and back, but I was really impressed with it. I asked the salesman if i could take it on the freeway and around some corners, he agreed. I never imagined these cars were so sweet. I mean the outside styliing is so so but the inside and performance was incredible. Plus shes loaded with leather, heated seats, six disc changer, turbo AWD. I was hooked. We sat and crunched some numbers and eventually I drove the TT home for only about 20 bucks more a month then I was paying on the WRX. Your thoughts guys? Cars for my GF btw Ill continue to drive the Snivic :)

haha, gf get's the pimp ass audi while you get a beat down 4gen hatch... that ain't right :p . i always thought they looked decent but i herd the performance was wack, guess i was wrong. what's insurance like compared to the wrx? anyways, congradulations on the buy.

good luck with it man. i don't forsee it being more expensive than the WRX although it is a coupe and newer(???).

I hate TT's, one of the ugliest things around, and the interior makes me want to vomit, I hate the dash.

But this is just my opinion, hope you enjoy the car.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 4 2004, 09:12 AM
I hate TT's, one of the ugliest things around, and the interior makes me want to vomit, I hate the dash.

But this is just my opinion, hope you enjoy the car.

im not big on the styling... nor the range of view the car gives- but its a pimp ride.

i like the TT.

but i dont understand why people buy near-new cars, and sell them months down the road.

U gotta try out the REVO prgram man...... Adds like 50 HP (on the lowest program) without chipping the ecu.(retains your warentee).It is a program that opens the door in your ecu to the European settings, it is killer man...it works on all other 1.8T vw and audis too.....
www.revotechnik.com
We do a lot of TT's and other 1.8T's at our shop with it..The owners come back like :blink: "Revo me"...It is pretty funny..There is even a 5 hour (driving hours-not sitting hours) free demo ..FREE.....Cant go wrong there..

The are making a program for the EVO and WRX right now, should be pretty killer..
www.swiftmotorsports.com
www.thetuners.com

i test drove a TT and have driven a WRX many times, i would still take the WRX over the TT.

i love the tt's :D show me some pics

well my mom is getting a TT and i test drove a couple with my mom. i must say its a nice car and it handles well and it has power. i might have kept the wrx but for a pimp car the tt gets it

:concur: :thumbsup: not my fav. car in the world, but certainly a pimp ride bro- good luck with it

its a 2000 so is it 180 or 225hp?

either 2000 or 2001 they made the 6 speed standard as with 225 on the coupe =)

btw Im still thinking about buying one to replace my A4

Audis are great cars they just need alittle more TLC then your normal car

+ parts cost out the ass but you will find out that sooner or later =)

not a big fan of the tt, I woulda kept the wrx...
but it is yours (or girlfriends) car and your choice. as long as you're happy that's all that matters!!!

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Feb 4 2004, 09:24 AM
i love the tt's :D show me some pics

I want to see some pics of some tt's. please no old and wrinkled tt's though.

TT = Total Trash; IMO

my dad just got a TT and just traded it in because he wanted more performance so he went and got an m3...which we both agree performence is splendid...now to convince him to let me pimp it for a night

Back