Got a d series question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DravenVX

okay so i have a d15Z1 from my vx just sitting around and i was wondering could i find some inexpensive parts either aftermarket or oem that i could use to spruce up the engine. I began by just repainting the old vavle cover, i wanna replace the header and intake and just make it look nicer cuz i realize that these SOHC are not worth really messing with power wise! Anyone have any tips on parts or anything related to my question. thanks

The VX motor is not worth turboing. It would cost less for a Z6. I wouldn't bother.

VX= 92 hp
CX= 70 hp
Si/EX= 130 IIRC
DX= 102

For the price of these motors, to turbo the VX is almost as pointless as me trying to race a Ferrari in my Audi.

Unless he builds it up a bit, but that crappy head and 1.5L displacement isn't worth building.

Quoted post[/post]]
The VX motor is not worth turboing. It would cost less for a Z6. I wouldn't bother.

VX= 92 hp
CX= 70 hp
Si/EX= 130 IIRC
DX= 102

For the price of these motors, to turbo the VX is almost as pointless as me trying to race a Ferrari in my Audi.

Unless he builds it up a bit, but that crappy head and 1.5L displacement isn't worth building.

So if i were to piece together a cheap turbo kit, would the engine just not be able to handle any boost or would it be like a ticking time bomb. On ly reason i ask is cuz i am bored and i have a few days to myself and my old vx engine is just sitting there begging me to do something with it. I have a b16a in my hatch so thats the reson for the spare engine incase anyone was wondering!

is that the vtec d15?,ive got a d15z7 3 stage vtec,with branch manifold free flow exhaust,and it kicks ass,it pulls like no other 1.5 ive ever driven,i destroyed a stock vw golf 4 2.0 (the 1 with old tech 8valve 2e) the other day,the guy and his posse of friends were visibly embarassed.

So if i were to piece together a cheap turbo kit, would the engine just not be able to handle any boost or would it be like a ticking time bomb. On ly reason i ask is cuz i am bored and i have a few days to myself and my old vx engine is just sitting there begging me to do something with it. I have a b16a in my hatch so thats the reson for the spare engine incase anyone was wondering!

the motor can hold boost, it doesn;t flow very well, but if you use proper managment then you should have no issues with it blowing up

Quoted post[/post]]

1.) A lot of people will try to convince you that you have to go buy a B18C and turbo that . . . dont listen to em.

2.) Go to homemadeturbo.com. They boost dseries motors like yours all day long. Granted u may only be able to run 5ish psi but who cares? It will be cheep and fun . . . plus u need something to keep u busy.

Get a T25 or a 14b from an eclipse, and follow the rest of the instructions on homemade turbo and have a good time.

Trust me, the $ u spend boosting that lil 1.5 will go much further than buying an overpriced Bseries motor.

yeah i just wanna see how much power i can make with this lil engine that could and make it look nicer as well. Everyones input is much appreciated and i wanna thank you guys for some good advice, this will surely keep me busy for a while at least! thanks

Back