Got a Problem at Work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Alright i work at Jiffy Lube. To make a real long story short, There was a recent change in management in which our store man. and asst. man. were transferred out and soem jackass mew managers were transferred in.

Basically they are doing soem fucked up shit like selling services and then not doing them. I am talking about selling fuel filters, but instead doing a fuel injection cleaner because the filter was "too hard to change", then not telling the customer. Also instead of doing an actual transmission flush, they just drain the pan and fill it back up. Another is mixing our engine flush 1/2 and 1/2 with oil to make it last longer, or just not doing the flush at all.

My question is, would you turn them in for what they are doing? I have already told them that i won't do that and anytime they do something like that then take my name off the invoice. I am getting a new job already, but i really think i should do something about this. I don't think i should go to the owner, cause its franchise and i am pretty sure he knows, then if i go to Jiffy Lube International, not sure what kind of response ill get. what i'm considering is going to BBB or another state agency. Here in CA there has already been multiple busts on these oil change places, some including Jiffy Lube, because of them scamming people.

What should i do?

turn them in, you know ow many underground cases have been done to jiffy lube and places like this for charging for un needed services

I'd turn their asses in to Big Brother corporate offices. Get the franchising rights revoked and shit.

Fuck those bastages for cheating the people like my dad who just don't want to work on their own rides.

yea, there is a jiffy lube around here that took my buddy for a ride with his blazer.

they showed him a dirty air filter, and it wasnt even one that fit his suv. the one that was in his suv was actually replaced by him less than a week before.

---

just a few days ago i had this shop work on the 240sx, same shop that works on my dads SC'd xtreme... told me they pulled the master cylinder and lines and washed and cleaned it and slapped it back on. i went to pull the MC yesterday morning, and i couldnt get any of the lines to move. lying fuckers. i called them back and bitched so hardcore that he gave me 75 bucks back. im still thinking of reporting them.... my dad called them up and said that he doesnt want them working on his truck anymore.

One of my buddies used to work for this place called "Lube Time" and they used to tell people they were putting good oil in to their cars but it wasnt the right kind. He only worked their for like 2 days but thats what they were doing. I just change my oil myself. Saves a lot of hassle and I know the job is done right. Its really easy to change oil.

yeah i wanna turn their asses in, besides, all the guys that are cool at work, who i dont want to get screwed over, are gonna quite anyways. so basically i dont give a shit about them. Oh yeah, and i cant go to a manager because i have a really good feeling that the owner probably even knows about this. Think, how could he see the huge ass numbers that htis manager is pulling in, and not question it. I actually just heard today that the real Jiffy Lube, the actual company called from Houston, i guess they are starting to see that this managers #'s are way too big and are getting suspicious.

thats why I be working on my own stuff, never no what sombody got up there sleve. I just don't take a chance ya know, work on yr own car and nothin will be wrong. :)

Better Business Bureau will be on that like stink on shit, the home office wont' do anthing but call your manager and say "Your Technician, "Senate whatever" called us up and said you were doing this....'

And you'll only lose your job.

BBB is into cracking down on scam shops, and I've used them before. They are discreet at least.

-> Steve

i hate to let you guys in on the secret but this is EVERYWHERE...

its not just the chain oil places...
take your car to a dealer..
see what they try to charge you for...

they train the techs to pump the bills...
they have special "sales people" to talk the customer into paying for whatever they tell them...
they do shady shit like tightening the belts too much to make your pumps go bad faster...
wiping off oil filters and saying they changed them...
"flushing" brake lines...
"flushing" trannies or motors...
its all a scam...

i'm sure there are decent places out there, but just be on guard ALL the time if you use any shop to have your work done...

i've seen "brand new" rear brakes go bad in 5K miles, without the e-brake being on ever... scam much?

i could just go on and on...
i saw someone on this site recommend that you get all your original used parts back, and i would highly advise this...
and take pictures of everything...
just in case there is a problem later on...

I have said it before and I will say it again: get your old parts back, its your right, you can ask for them back. Last summer I was backed into by a blazer and it dented my trunk deck lid. The body shop wanted to charge my insurance 900.00 some odd dollars to replace it. They put up a huge fuss when I told them that I wanted to have the old one back. I am willing to bet money all they would have done was pull the dent and paint the original, and told me it was a new part.

Originally posted by chestercheeto48@Feb 11 2004, 01:20 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again: get your old parts back, its your right, you can ask for them back. Last summer I was backed into by a blazer and it dented my trunk deck lid. The body shop wanted to charge my insurance 900.00 some odd dollars to replace it. They put up a huge fuss when I told them that I wanted to have the old one back. I am willing to bet money all they would have done was pull the dent and paint the original, and told me it was a new part.

What body shop was this at?

your local TV news station can do amazing things and they wont even comprimise you at all..might even get a tip for the tip ya know...thats who I'd call first.

Here's what you need to do... I had a similar experience years ago, but it was with a cable company- the boss was overcharging customers and not paying us overtime, ect... real shady bastard.

What I did was to get friendly with the secretary and get the names and numbers of ex employees. I called them up and we got together and signed notarized testimonies stating what went on and backed up our claims with time cards and paycheck stubs. Then we got hold of customers bills and our time cards for the jobs and went to the State Police. The IRS raked the guy over the coals, put him in jail, shut down his business, and we all got back pay. :)

So what you need to do is to gather proof and the help of a few other coworkers and present your case. Make it as air tight as you can.

fuck that shit turn them in

my friend had a B18C swapped and they "forgot" to put half of the mounts in. needless to say he had huge problems not too long after it was swapped. that kind of shit pisses me off.

i think loco honkey has a good plan. :)

Back