got a problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

soto2635

my anti-freeze is disapearing, the resovier doesnt have a hole in it i took it out and its good, and i took the lid of my raditor cap and thr raditor is full what else could it be i dont have a puddle under my car. any thought?

Its going somewhere, thats for sure. Just hope your engine isnt eating it. Get the radiator flushed and change the thermostat. Drive it and see if its still consuming too much antifreeze. Keep us posted.

wat happens if the engine eating it?

Usually indicates head gasket failure. Just perform a cooling system test, which applies air pressure into the cooling system. From there, the air holds its pressure, and you look around the engine bay for leaks or bubbles. The smallest leak can cause your coolant to go quick, happened to me with the b16. I pressurized the cooling system with air, and found that there was a cut in the upper rad hose right near the clamp, which was loose as well. cut the hose, re-clamped it on tight and ive been good ever since.

Possably a heater core if your passinger side carpet is wet as well.

Back