1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got a reply from bush

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Jun 14, 2004.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

remember those write to bush things i posted last week...

i got a PDF reply:

June 14, 2004
    Mr. Brian Cummiskey

Dear Mr. Cummiskey:
    Thank you for contacting President Bush about the American economy.
    In 2004, America’s economy is strong and getting stronger. Despite stock market losses, a recession,
    the attacks of September 11, 2001, and revelation of corporate scandals, the economy has entered its
    third year of positive growth.
    Inflation is low, interest and mortgage rates are low, more Americans than ever own their homes,
    business investment is on the rise, and the manufacturing sector is recovering. Since early 2003,
    consumer confidence has increased substantially. Due to the continuing effects of the tax relief we
    passed, workers are able to keep more of their hard-earned money, and small businesses are better
    able to invest and grow. On the jobs front, 1.5 million new jobs have been added since August 2003.
    While this is encouraging news, there is more to do. President Bush has proposed a six-point plan that
    will create more jobs for America’s workers for years to come. This plan will strengthen the economy
    by making health care more affordable, eliminating frivolous and expensive lawsuits, ensuring an
    affordable and reliable energy supply, streamlining regulations and reporting requirements, and
    opening new markets for American products.
    The President has also called on the Congress to make permanent the tax relief enacted in 2001 and
    2003. Without Congressional action, the tax relief families are counting on will start to disappear
    next year. In 2005, a family of four with an income of $40,000 will see their taxes increase by $915;
    in 2006, small businesses will see allowable expensing shrink from $100,000 to $25,000, raising their
    cost of capital investment; and in 2011, the rate relief and death tax repeal enacted 3 years ago will
    disappear. These tax increases will hurt our families, stifle job creation, and damage our overall
    economy. As President Bush has said, the Congress needs to act to make the tax relief permanent.
    In addition, as our economy continues to create jobs, we need to make sure that workers are trained in
    the skills that employers demand. In President Bush’s 2004 State of the Union Address, he announced
    the Jobs for the 21st Century initiative, a comprehensive plan to better prepare workers for jobs in the
    new millennium. This plan includes over $500 million in new funding for education and job training
    programs, community colleges, Pell grants, and improvements to high school education.

By taking action and focusing on the needs of American families and small businesses, the
    Administration has helped to put the economy on a path to sustained growth and job creation.
    President Bush will continue working with the Congress to help create a future of prosperity and
    opportunity for all. Please visit the White House website, www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/economy,
    for more information on this important issue. Thank you again for writing, and best wishes.
    Sincerely,
    M
    Heidi Marquez
    Special Assistant to the President
    and Director of Presidential Correspondence

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

considering i asked about gas prices-

WAY to avoid the whole issue.

morons.

KErry, 2004

3. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten SHIT back from the Bush people. I wrote them like, 2 weeks ago.

The Kerry Camp has sent me back 3 letters, all citing speeches and his history, plainly detailing his stance.

I'm pretty pissed off about that.

-> Steve

4. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

could she have possibly thought up any more bullshit to put in there.

what a waste or her time and yours. stupid bitch.

laaaaame. :sleep:

i would reply and tell her she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about and call her out. not that it would make a difference, nor would she probably even see it, but if I were you i would just for fun to call her an ignorant bitch sucking down bush's cock.

/rant

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

It's a form letter- so what?

6. Celerity

AWWWWWWWWWWw Rich people can't write off both their SUV and their receipts at the pumps... Awwww...

Small Businesses personally expensing $100,000, Yearly. Think about what that buys them:

A Car. Tax free.
    Dinners. High end dinners, Tax free with rebate.
    1000 minute cell phone plans. Tax Free.
    New additions to homes, Tax free with rebates.
    Armani Suits, Tax-free with rebate depending on your business status.
    Filling up your wife, kids, friends cars and getting the gas receipts, Tax-Free. And tax free in gasoline is a big deal.
    Sales "Leave behinds" or "fuckin gifts to impress people", tax free and with rebates depending on business status.

All of that would be gone, and placed into the personal accounts of business owners. How will America ever survive?

Properly applied, Saul Rosenberg, owner of XYZCo, fills up his Excursion once every two days to the tune of $80. At the end of the year, he'll get $6-$14 back for each tank of gas that he's claimed. Those figures add up real quick.

Small Business reform should come in the form of assistance with state and local fees and processing - Real estate cuts and hiring allowances. Tax breaks on the purchase not of SUVs, but of work vans and alternative powered cars (Imagine if these service companies all had Insights to use, or to keep it american, factory modded Ford Focus' with electric assist and CNG). Assistance in business dumping and recycling rebate programs. Or how about lower costs of employee insurance, which the Feds already tax to the maximum?

Bastards.

If I could get a solid answer on Kerry doing any better, then my vote may be swayed. At least Kerry will make the power infrastructure to change to another fuel, while Bush is only making the power infrastructure change to Domestic resources.

Once again, ever since Mondale / Bush, we've been voting for "Lesser of two evils". This is complete bullshit.

-> Steve

7. h22bubbleback

h22bubbleback Senior Member

dude you think she wrote that? c'mon..that was a :highlight: + Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V job

8. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

And what exaclty are you gonna call her out for, what she said is true. Don't think so. Look it up. It's the right awnser, just for a different question. Wierd they wouldn't give you an anwser. I know that per barrel by average we're playing 3cents less a then we were 20 yrs ago (adjusted for inflation obviously). I wish I had an anwser but I don't...

9. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

Bsh fucking sux! Notice they said three year rise what about the first year he was in office?
    Hence the graph. It shows the econmy

Cliton (no N on purpose :p )
    ------------------------------\--/ <-3 years on the rise still under what it was
    -------------------------------\/

[----Cliton's 8years---][Bush 4 years]

10. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

:werd: I don't see how people justify supporting bush! His foreign policy sucks just as much as his economic policy...and hes retarded to boot!

11. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

I will say it once again, Bush has made his share of fucking mistakes, I will be the first to say it, but I will always vote for a man that stands by his convictions, Kerry flip-flops more than a fucking fish on land, and I will never vote for someone who I am not sure exactly what the hell he wants.

12. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

He can stand for whatever he wants while his administration gets thrown out of office. :D
    While I don't like him, I don't have THAT much against Bush. I'm voting for Kerry just to get Ashcroft out of there. He is in my opinion the worst thing to happen to our government in history. I'd put a homeless crack addict in office if that's what it would take to get Ashcroft out of here.

13. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Man i hate all of them. I dont know who to vote for. BTW does anyone know of the rumor that Kerry supports Communism?

14. DarkHand

Oh well... Kerry is the front runner next to Bush, and that's why I'm voting for him. If he Seig Heils during his acceptance speech, so be it. :D

15. Celerity

Kerry supported a pro-communism Viet Vet movement. I think he did it primarily to support the vets involved, and to give them a voice.

Ashcroft isn't the problem. Ridge is the problem. Everyone else is a powerless figurehead. Ridge remains quiet, and that's worrisome when it comes to someone with such un-bridled power as he has.

-> Steve

16. DarkHand

Ok, Tom Ridge too. :)
    The whole gang is bad. :) Ashcroft had his family annoint him with oil when he was commisioned, and what really ticked me off about him was when he had the bare breast of the statue of justice covered with a curtain in the White house... symbolic in more ways than one. :angry:

17. number9

number9 Senior Member

-------------------------------^ 9/11

18. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

I've said it before...Clinton was a pimp. Too bad he can't be re-elected for a 2nd full term.

19. solutionzero

solutionzero Junior Member

Republicrats are the problem. They all pretty much look the same and share the same main idea. 3rd party all the way.

20. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Ah fuck Kerry...the viets are still killing some people back in vietnam; one the US's biggest allies back in nam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted