got a some stupid questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

1. what is it when you shot peen something? like an LS rod

2.whats a good after market rod to use on an LS/vtec set up, and wheres a good place to see them on the internet.

i have been having trouble finding rods and pistons on the net to get price quotes, im trying to figure out how much the different set ups are going to cost. now im thinking an ls/vtec rebuilt would be a good start and i would have many miles i could put on it seeing as how it would be a fresh engine, i thought about 2k in turbo parts and a stock ls with a few miles -caugh- 100,000 - 150,000 :unsure: but naw i dont think so, that would only be fun as long as it lasted so inless i can fly places on the turbo it self its not a very go deal for me. remember i have only about 6.5k to spend to get a car and do what ever i want as long as i can get it done quick. i have thought long about it and i dont see why an ls/vtec built nice wouldint hold up like any other GSR or B16 for that matter so long as it had the girdle in it like the GSR and all the other good stuff.

1) blasting a part with metal beads to make the part stronger.

2) Crower, Eagle. (turbo= Pauter or Cunningham) Google>you!

youre right, as long as you dont cut corners on the build, it will be as reliable as a GSR. Stop contimplating and go for it man!

1. how much is it to shot peen rods (4)

2. how much stronger are shot peend rods

3. how do you guys feel about the two vs the price of the two shot peend or after market?

if you are going turbo, ditch the ls rods. Shot peened or not, they are just not strong enough to trust. id definetly sleep better knowing i spent an extra 300 on a set of stronger rods. then id wake up early the next day, and turn up the boost. just my $.02

no see i decided against the turbo idea if i go ls/vtec, not cause it wouldint be good just i dont have the cash so i will make this a nice all motor ls/vtec and then later sell it or keep it when i do something turbo, see i still have my 79 trans am i might* sell it later along with the first LS/vtec to do something really cool like a super boost GSR motor or something really cool but i also like the idea of having both cars, muscle with rear wheel drive t tops and a hood scoop, and a front wheel drive 4cyl that revs to 7000 and 8000 RPM for fun :spin:

Back