Got a trophy for a truck show this weekend... Hard Luck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So we just went to Low Rollers EOSB(end of summer bash) this weekend, and this is the tale:

Left around 7:15 for a 3.5 hour drive. Everything was going well until I smashed one of my 20's on I-80 in NJ right before exit 67. I bent the rim so bad that I could easily fit a finger or 2 between the bead of the tire and the lip of the rim, both inside and outside. Both my friends were in front of me and didn't see I stopped until they were well past the exit, so they needed to find a way back to me. 45 minutes later they found their way back to me with 3 cans of fix a flat. I managed to limp the truck off exit 67 into a neighborhood. We knocked on some lady's door to borrow a hammer. Lady was stoned out of her mind and nice enough to let my friend come into her house to get the hammer. We beat the rim back and gave it a try with the fix-a-flat and it held air. Off to the gas station to fill it up to 32psi and swap that rim for the rear one. (yea, no spare tire)

So we were back on the road again. Truck shakes like a motherfucker and my rim is beat to hell but we made it there. Then on the way home I managed to pop the line off my clutch master. Some brake fluid, a couple zip ties and a pair of vice grips and I've got enough clutch to get home. Then 30 minutes from home my friend runs out of gas. $17 for a 2.5 gal can and another 10 bucks to fill it and we finally made it home.

Took about 5-6 hours each way to get there and back.

Sounds like that truck is attracted to bad things happening to it.

I think the first truck show I took it to I lost a door pin on the drivers door so when I opened it the door almost fell off in the parking lot. Then I managed to seize up my engine driven compressor and had to drive home with wires laying across my dash to run my backup electric compressor.

The next show one of my caddy tails fell out and was dragging on the highway.

Then at carlisle last year I was running 2 new viair 480's but left the old electric compressors hooked up also. Apparently one of those compressors couldn't handle 200psi in 100 degree heat and it popped my 100 amp compressor fuse. So I had to spend half the day at carlisle walking around looking for someone selling big ass fuses.

We travel with extra bags and lines and lots and lots of tools.

So why doesn't your friends truck lay frame?
Does it lay in the rear at least?

The back will almost lay, but he has drag blocks that hang down from the frame about 2in so he can still throw some sparks, it just needs to be body dropped to be able to lay frame. Its all done right though, C notched, four-link, and a really nice Viair 2 way system.

If he can't lay frame without a body drop then he still won't lay out with a body drop unless you're talking about tubbing the firewall.

damn recked. you should name your truck Bad Luck...lol. i really dig the orange man. very nice but you should get a billet grille for it. it would clean up the front of your truck really good. i got one for my bagged Ranger on ebay for like $50 shipped and it fit pretty damn good. i went to Indy Truck Bash last weekend. had an awesome time. you should go to it next year if you can. next 2 shows for me is the truck show at the Summit Racing warehouse (free show entry if you have a truck) and Dropt N Destroyed. both are in Ohio. Dropt N Destroyed is a really good show. its in Green, Ohio at Boettler Park on September 27-28.

oh yeah, i also carry all kinds of tools with me to. i have a center console that is full of tools, extra fittings and i also have 2 socket sets behind the seats as well as spare air line with me at all times with me in case of something going wrong. i also take a jack, jack stands and any other tools i can fit in my truck when i go to shows. better to have them and not need them than to not have them and need them!!

btw, im selling my bagged Ranger if you know anyone interested....

The back will almost lay, but he has drag blocks that hang down from the frame about 2in so he can still throw some sparks, it just needs to be body dropped to be able to lay frame. Its all done right though, C notched, four-link, and a really nice Viair 2 way system.

remove drag blocks and add a 4-link and he should lay frame. is he running monoleaf on his? im running monoleaf on my Ranger but ive got a 4-link sitting in my living room waiting to go on. im about 3" or so at the lowest part of frame to be able to drag. but i do drag radius arm x-member...lol. its bent to hell right now...lol

damn recked. you should name your truck Bad Luck...lol. i really dig the orange man. very nice but you should get a billet grille for it. it would clean up the front of your truck really good. i got one for my bagged Ranger on ebay for like $50 shipped and it fit pretty damn good. i went to Indy Truck Bash last weekend. had an awesome time. you should go to it next year if you can. next 2 shows for me is the truck show at the Summit Racing warehouse (free show entry if you have a truck) and Dropt N Destroyed. both are in Ohio. Dropt N Destroyed is a really good show. its in Green, Ohio at Boettler Park on September 27-28.

oh yeah, i also carry all kinds of tools with me to. i have a center console that is full of tools, extra fittings and i also have 2 socket sets behind the seats as well as spare air line with me at all times with me in case of something going wrong. i also take a jack, jack stands and any other tools i can fit in my truck when i go to shows. better to have them and not need them than to not have them and need them!!

btw, im selling my bagged Ranger if you know anyone interested....

remove drag blocks and add a 4-link and he should lay frame. is he running monoleaf on his? im running monoleaf on my Ranger but ive got a 4-link sitting in my living room waiting to go on. im about 3" or so at the lowest part of frame to be able to drag. but i do drag radius arm x-member...lol. its bent to hell right now...lol

Summit and Boetler park are 20min from me, maybe me and my bauddy will bring the F150. I honestly dont know why it wont lay, its got a 4-link setup on it no mono leaf, but when its sitting on the blocks the bags are completely compressed, maybe his C notches arent tall enough, I really dont know. :dunno:

It depends on how it was built. When I built my ranger, I set up the rear with the front all the way up so I could still drag with the front pretty far off the ground. When I built my friend's hardbody we built it flat so the rear wouldn't drag with the front up.

S10_at_EOSB_2008_Dmannproductions_biz.jpg

hey Byron...yeah come up to both shows man. i'll be in the Ranger i posted above. from what i hear, Summit usually has a big sale on stuff at their show. ima try to bring some extra skrilla and get either stuff for the Ranger (if it dont sell soon) or my Mazda 3.

Back