got a turbo kit for free...can i use the charger?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_si

so i was job shadowing for my shop today and i seen a saab sittin in the back smashed up.......i aks the guy if i can take parts off and he said by all means do......now......i belive this saab turbo is coolant cooled because it had banjo lines comin from the block and on the head......and when i unbolted it blue water came out.....but there was a drain hose from the bottom of the turbo to the oil pan.....i also got all the piping and a nice front mount intercooler.....what do you guys think :blink:

btw its going on my d16a6......on my crx

Clean it up, and check the turbo for shaft play. I'd suggest new lines, or cleaning the ones you have - and maybe checking the wastegate. Sounds like a good score!

i already did....spins freely...no shaft play at all guys!!!!....but if it was originally coolant cooled....can i just run it oil cooled with the original oil lines like i would with an oil cooled turbo?.......how do i mount the intercooler....i tried just sittin it in front of the radiatior and it was to big in width so it kept the rad from being close to the t bar to bolt it back on

werd. youre good to go...youll have to tap for coolant if you wanna install it, but thats about the only part that would be unusual.

i need a stock manny....i dont wanna spend 150-200 on a manifold....i dont have very much money...im waiting on celeritys payment for my pistons and rings

oh well....if hotrex wants to make me a manny without an external wastegate for a d-series for 80 ucks...that would be kudo heaven

Back