Got an 88 accord lx and i want to build it up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunslinger7x

Hey everyone. My first post here so bear with me. well i have a 88 accord lx and its starting to get problems. its a great car but i would like to swap in an engine. i don't know anything about Honda engines, Ive been around 4wd pick ups my whole life. so if anyone has some sugesstions on a great performance swap with out spending a fortune i would greatly apreicate it. also if you could give me an estamite price with your sugesstion. Thanks

spend a few hours reading the forum. read the FAQ's and do a little search. ask when you get stumped.

There aren't really a lot of choices unfortunately. There's a dual-cam JDM engine that's a bolt-in for your car, but it's not easy to find one. You can do a B16 or B18, but it's not a bolt-in swap.

You could always think about rebuilding and boosting your current engine...

I almost bought the same thing off a co-worker, it was good shape and semi low miles (like 120k) but I looked up what it's after market support was, you can always do an engine swap but you have to think about the cost and time and all that fun stuff

Back