Got an offer for Alpine type s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jmr828

Alright I came across a deal. $200 for two 10" Alpine Type S subwoofers in an enclosure. They're dual voice coil and that's all I know about it. I've got a 1100 watt Planet Audio that blew my old MTX's. Should I buy these subs?

yeah but you gotta figure that is actually a pretty good deal considering it comes with the enclosure.

pass. i dont like them at all because the type R i used to have sounded like poop and the surround randomly came unglued.. you can get better subs with better sound quality for the same price. especially 10'' woofers.

yeah but you gotta figure that is actually a pretty good deal considering it comes with the enclosure.

the enclosure could be some prefabbed pos.....

i used to build them myself to specs but now i let me buddies and the audio shop cuild my enclosures. A good box will pretty much make any sub sound good to a certain point. Alpines got sloppy when i turned them up. which was weird since it was in a sealed enclosure with a Jl 500/1 on it.

when the sub broke i swapped it for another with similar requirements and worked better.

Back