1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got an offer for Alpine type s

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by jmr828, Apr 20, 2009.

1. jmr828

jmr828 New Member

Alright I came across a deal. $200 for two 10" Alpine Type S subwoofers in an enclosure. They're dual voice coil and that's all I know about it. I've got a 1100 watt Planet Audio that blew my old MTX's. Should I buy these subs?

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

id pass them up and get something a little better for not to much more

3. neonmike

neonmike Senior Member VIP

yeah but you gotta figure that is actually a pretty good deal considering it comes with the enclosure.

4. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

pass. i dont like them at all because the type R i used to have sounded like poop and the surround randomly came unglued.. you can get better subs with better sound quality for the same price. especially 10'' woofers.

5. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

the enclosure could be some prefabbed pos.....

i used to build them myself to specs but now i let me buddies and the audio shop cuild my enclosures. A good box will pretty much make any sub sound good to a certain point. Alpines got sloppy when i turned them up. which was weird since it was in a sealed enclosure with a Jl 500/1 on it.

when the sub broke i swapped it for another with similar requirements and worked better.

6. 88 4dr civic guy

88 4dr civic guy New Member

thats not a good deal i just bought 2 12 alpine type s with 1100 watt amp 4 150 thats adeal and yeah with box too

7. 88 4dr civic guy

88 4dr civic guy New Member

and i know they wernt hot eathir so jus keep lookin and u will find better deal

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted