Got another question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigDave

Ok here is my current setup

95 Integra RS:

Generic Intake
DCSport 4-1 header
Thermal cat back
AEM Pulleys
Crower 403's
Skunk2 intake manifold

About 2 weeks ago I installed the cams and everything felt great. Nice pull from about 3500-redline. Then I installed the Intake manifold and the car just bogs under 3k and my gas mileage has gone to shit. After you hit about 3k it takes off and screams but below that it's a dog. This is my daily driver and I don't drive at 5k everywhere I go. Any ideas as to why it's running so crapy at the lower RPM's?

One other question I had is about a throttle body. I have read a few current post that a 70mm TB would be too big and wouldn't do anything or possiblly bring the performance down. I thought more air was good? I have a 70mm TB and was planning on installing it next but now I am having second thoughts. My long term goal is to run NA and bump the compression up to around 12. Should I install it, wait to put on the TB, or just get rid of it?

Ditch the 70mm launcher. Too big for all-motor apps.

Get a good RC engineering, or similar t-body. You could also get a stock Hype-R t-body and get great results. It would also be a bolt on, and guaranteed to seal properly.

Secondly, the ITR manifold for the LS is just TOO much air, you need to have your ECU tuned.

Also, you may want to consider getting a good head port & polish job done. This will help get the air in and out of the engine faster.

Lots of stuff to do to the LS engine, it's good, but don't expect alot from it, and don't rev it past 8k in stock form.

My OLD LS engine netted me 155whp after head work, crower cams, springs, retainers, S2 manifold, ITR T-body, 310cc injectors and having the block balanced and weight matched.

Add 120 shot of Nitrous Oxide and I was in the low 13's on street tires.

Lots of fun and completely reliable.

Back