Got another Z.... :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Untitled

what it used to look like.....

still kinda the same, but it sat for a little over a year or so...got it home today, the front alignement is way off, the rear diff area needs massive work, the driver window is gone, the drivers seat was soaked all winter long, so scrap a Recardo, the harness is rusted, the fuel tank has a small leak, but engine wise, it ran great, picked up awesome, drove it 30 miles, and the guage didn't dip as much as I thought it would, temps/oil pressure/amps all ran in the green, and what I'm going to do with it is still up in the air.

My red Z could use a lot of parts this Z has, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to swap everything over, plus I still got to ge tthe CRX done, but if this Z had the minor shit worked out, got it registered, then it would make a sweet daily driver...for those days I hit the snooze button one too many times.:lol:

when I get it cleaned up a little, touch up the paint with a few can of spray, and the sun is out...I'll snap the currnt condition pictures...screw it...I'll just take some pics now and add them to the link....

Ohh, and the CRX is still up for sale...make offers;)

Last edited:
How much would a Z like that, but that needs a little work go for? I see you with these Zs and it makes me kind of want one.

!!!

Change the seats out immediately.

Stock seats + Harnesses = VERY VERY BIG NO NO.

In the event of a crash, the harness will push down on the soft seat cushion. This will then compress your spinal cord causing EXTREME damage to your spinal cord.

Big no no. Hence why racing seats have the slots.

Other than that, BADASS Z! Freakin' old school. I always wanted one. You looked into engine swaps yet? You should rock an RB25 swap. =D

DSC00253.JPG

I love big pics.... :p

more in this gallery.. http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/v/a...m421/?g2_page=2

:)

i can't beleive he just let it sit in a yard for a year with a smashed out window. what a tool shed. i'm going to have to smakck him next time i see him.

Wow, price is climbing on those bastards, I remember when you could pickup nice clean z's all day long for $1k-1.5k each.

damn.. that means I'm getting old. /panic

a few spec's...

1976 Datsun 280Z car
1981 Nissan 280sx turbo motor, still t3 stock turbo, oil cooler, intercooler, 240sx throttle body, JSK throttle body adapter, JSK fuel rail, some larger fuel injectors, Centerforce clutch prolly a 2 stage, 5speed swap, but have a T5 tranny for a spare, R200 LSD diff, JSK Hub adapters for Honda rims, bigger brakes all around, disk's in the back as well, Autopower Race roll bar, Recardo seats, some harness, larger fuel pump, GM igniters, turbo dizzy, and the killer is the ecu...Haltech E6K and full wireset for fuel and ignition....laptop port for tuning on the fly. Then the flares and fiberglass hood. Bilstiens and the steering looks different and jumps all over the place with ease, Huge ass sway bars in the front and back, and I spent a week-end welding up a frame braket for the rear diff, so it's now drivable, but I will need to do some more welding or just buy the ArizonaZcar rear end that would make the car fully adjustable...and if I didn't use it on this car, then I'd swap it over to the red car. It does need a BOV bad, and I need to get my laptop hooked up to it and DL the haltech program and see what I can tune it to do. :cool:

aap.jpg

close fit with the IC piping and Radiator!!!

I love it. old z's are da bomb-diggity

Holy shit, its a turbo.. :eek:

Looks like a nice install except that the air filter being behind the intercooler will just put all that lost heat right back into the intake.. Doesnt look like you have much choice though, maybe re-pipe it to be in the fender well?

Seriously Clayton..... SELL YOUR STUFF!!!

you need 2 of the 5+ vehicles you have now.... the scoob and the red z in the back.

that is all.

clayton you should have told me to get the tuning shit ready for you. if you got a copy of haltech and the data cable i could have had you up and running in minutes :)

sell the crx, keep the hatch. im assuming that the lady drives the suby and you take the civic and z's, ya know keep the civic incase you feel like getting more than 18mpg.

the hatch is junk....the CRX is under the knife right now for rebuild, and I'm pimping the suby everywhere. The Z's are just waiting for money....gas is expensive, and I missed two days of work last week,..... :(

Back