Got back yesterday....and it sucks.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Land at 12:00, get home thru traffic from hell at 4:00 pm, nap...and get to work at 12:00am. Work all night and returned to reality.

The garage was a mess, the house was a mess, but the CRX has an engine in it now. So I forgive the messes. :D The dog was taken care of, and after I laid out all my staches from the mini-shopping spree in Japan...it doesnt even fill half a suitcase. Ohh well.

So the wifes mom gave us about $10Ks for a down payment on a new car for the wife, so its Subaru shopping soon. And the $30Ks they loaned us for the house's down payment was turned into a present. So now I don't have to pay them back.:)

I also have that HELOC thats going to rebuild the house up, and get the place looking sweet, the wife wants to live here until she gets a college degree, so I'll refinance after the house is done, and re-appraised after dumping $67Ks into it, and change it over to a 30 year fixed loan for $200Ks. IT will be about the same payment I make now anyways..

The cars will get done when I can get to them, the house will be done, and I'll focus on just working and saving up more money, so when I get a job offer in Japan, I can sell everything and move, have some money to buy a house and ship the crap I want to keep over there. I'm done with living in America....I'm ready to move back to Japan permanently when the right job opens up. In the last 10 years we've lived in America, the last 2-3 weeks were our best times we've had in a long time. And the second job might start up after I get one or two projects done...the extra income will help.

Realty sucks.

Ohh well, now to type up a post on the house rebuild. ;)

want a deck built? Give you a good price! lol

I want the old back porch torn off, build a sunroom, mini-dining room, and a bathroom in it's spot, then build a deck off it to resemble the porch I have now on the back of it, finish the basement, make an office and a game room down there, build a shed, with a deck and hot tub on it, replace the old windows, re-shingle the roof, side the house, replace the door, add some insulation, rebuild the kitchen, add a patio next to the garage, side the garage, put a new side door on the garage, dress up the interior of the house a little, and junk a lot of stuff I don't need or want anymore.

get me an estimate.... ;) $65,000 is a lot...and should cover all of it, and have enough left over to get some more stuff.

Some estimates I've already gotten....

Roof... $250 a square, should be 12 squares, still haven't measured yet. But around $2-3k's
Basement, I'll prolly do my self.
Siding ...materials will run about $6Ks, and the work might also be around $5-6Ks...so 12ks for that.
Windows and doors, 26 windows, $180 each. Installed. Door I can do myself. I can do windows too...but I suck at it.
Trash dumpster will prolly cost me about $1k
Sheetrock, I can do myself, also taping and paint.
tiles and patios I can also do myself....but I'm lazy.
I can do most of the work myself, but it takes me too long to do it, so I'll have a contractor come and do it. I'm thinking of just going to Home depot and getting them to come out and give me an estimate...and have them do it all, get it done, and just pay the extra money to have some sort of a warrantee.

Since I got screwed by that company for the lawn, I'm going to be careful on who I hire. And get references out of the ass for them.

i think your roof is going to be more towards the 20-square side of things... its got a lot of peaks and such...

dude not to go off topic, but a car was posted on my local forum youd love ;)

" 1977 Datsun 280Z
Has a L28ET motor from a 1983 280zx Turbo, the motor was rebuilt maybe 1200 miles ago (stock pistons still).
It has so much to list that i cant even think of it all.

Its painted BMW Laguna Seca Blue, and i fixed all the rust that was on the car and did some extra body work too.
the paint needs to be redone, there was a problem with the primer and i guess it didnt like the paint we used so the paint is starting to spilt... so i say it needs to be redone, but all the hard work is already done on the body.
the rear panel has been smoothed and shaved, looks sharp! afew other things were done to the body too.
all rust was fixed, doubt if any has popped back up since the repaint.

i have prob close to 20K into this car, and i just spent close to 3K on new parts that i wanted to get or redo on it.
so as it sits right now its not completed, but i have all parts.

Some of the major mods are.

L28ET motor swap.
P90 head (solid lifters, ported and polihed, 5 angle valve job)
Spec Stage 4 unspring racing clutch and Spec Alum 8lb flywheel.
ARP headstuds.
HKS 2mm metal headgasket.
Holset HY35w turbo. (low miles! and just bought)
GReddy Type-RS bov (new in box)
Custom driveshaft.
10 gallon fuel cell. all mounted and etc, drove it with it in for awhile but its not completed, easy stuff though.
15x8 0 offset Enkei 92 mesh wheels with pretty much new BFG rubber on them.
Koni Struts (maybe 800 miles on them)
280zx N/A 5-speed.. never raced or beat on with transmisson
Tial 38mm wastegate (brand new).
ported exhaust manifold.
Autometer Phantom Gauges.
MegaSquirt Standalone system (brand new, never used)
MSD 6AL igntion.
MSD blaster 2 coil.
MSD 2-step (new)
NPR fmic (all throw in all piping i have for it too)
all new t-bolt claps.
custom BRAND NEW fuel rail with o-ring 440cc injectors.

etc etc etc!!

shit im sure im missing like 100 things.
this car made 326whp on its old stock T3 turbo at 18psi, with the holset turbo it will do WAY more.
i was looking to hit 450whp on pump gas and that should net a easy 10sec timeslip with traction.

ill also throw in a BRAND NEW very rare JDM Black Fender Mirrors, ones already mounted, the other is in the box.
they go for $450+ used.
i have alot of time and money on this car, hell i have like 20+ hours in just the t-body on the car. (ported, knife-edged 240sx 60mm t-body)
most if not all parts have been swapped for newer or better parts, and or brand new.
taking things like the diff, water pump, alternator, etc etc.
it doesnt have carpet and little things but nothing important, like i said i have all parts pretty much to finish it, tune it, and kick major ass with.

i want $8000 for the car and ill throw in any and all parts i have for this car, this is a STEAL!
if you know how to wire up a car (most of it is done) and know how to work around a car i cant see why somebody couldnt finish this car in a weekend or 2.

pics."

l_a05849b5cc463b2e1bc30fdae75136c4.jpg

l_ffda5b684e3f26393c4dc4dd9a63cfc6.jpg

i want the thing, but my wife would never agree to it. word on the street is hed take 6500 for it, thats insane.
located in spring hill, FL

same thing I got sitting in my backyard as a lawn ornament. It just needs paint, a few more parts, and cleaned up, and all the parts I have in the basement installed. Some of that money I have will go for the cars.. hehe. If I can find a rust free 70-71 240Z shell, then my winter project will start.

I am looking for something Z-ish though.....

Right now the Datsun 2000 Fairlady has me intrigued, with an SR....

and I'm also in the market for a decent mig welder, chop saw, pipe bender, tire changing machine, and a full set of aircraft tools. (the second job I'm going to work at doesn't provide any tools, so I got to get another roll-away box, and all the tools needed to work on an S-76)

If that Z was closer to maryland I might end up having 5 autos.

lol one bedroom apartment with 5 autos. I'm sure everyone living in this complex would love that.

Back