Got frame sliders for my Gixx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

s40d921660c367.jpg

They did bolt into your frame right? some cheaper sliders bolt into random pieces that do diddliy squat when it comes to holding up under weight so they just bend

my FrameSliders uses the same bolts as the engine mount only thing different is the bolts are a tad bit longer for the sliders

i think they are for when he lays his bike down, he doesnt fuck up the fairing and gas tank.

Oh yeah, I see them.. They look pretty unique. What I'm seeing are two prongs poking out of the fairing. Are they bars, or just ... Nubs ?

-> Steve

s40d9ff19975f4.jpg

they are Cly shaped and depending on what brade they are about 4-6" long they bolt up to your frame

for the most part they are a hard plastic in some rare cases they are solid metal

my frame sliders are a hard plastic with a carbin fiber slip over them with metal ends

sweet.. what does Jeffie need em for tho? he'd never lay his bike down... cause he never goes over the speed limit. :p

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jun 23 2004, 05:09 PM
sweet.. what does Jeffie need em for tho? he'd never lay his bike down... cause he never goes over the speed limit. :p

on any givin day if Im on my bike I figure I do at least 50mph over the speedlimit at some point and thats on a good day =)

35mph back roads suck but at 85 they rock =)

Yeah mine are solid metal. They have brackets that bolt up straight to the frame where the engine mount bolts are. Their purpose is to stick out farther than you fairing (plastics on bike), so if you drop your bike it scratches the shit outta them instead of your bike ($80.00 Frame sliders) < ($600+ Fairings).

:)

ok so im still confused. when you say "lay the bike down" i think of you someone litterally laying it down slowly. is this frame rail thing supposed to protect the faring in a wreck? if you drop it? i dont get it. STOP USING BIKER LINGO ON US !!! :angry: :lol:

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jun 25 2004, 08:33 PM
ok so im still confused. when you say "lay the bike down" i think of you someone litterally laying it down slowly. is this frame rail thing supposed to protect the faring in a wreck? if you drop it? i dont get it. STOP USING BIKER LINGO ON US !!! :angry: :lol:

if you're riding and it falls on it's side. thats "laying it down" the frame sliders are supposed to take all the punishment and your body/frame isn't scraped up.

yes the peg looking things, if you fall, the bike slides on those instead of on the paint. The fenders might still get scratched up, but not crushed. Fairings are hella exspensive. Just think new fenders for your your car x5. It's almost cheaper to replace the bike sometimes if you have an older bike.

Nice SRAD by the way

Back