Got in a wreck 2 years ago

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Well as I stated in that kill story I got in a wreck two years ago, it was my fault as I tried to make a left in front of a purple S10 on October 15th 2001. I didn't see him and the result was him nailing me at 45 mph in my Geo, he spun me 180 degrees, got out of his truck and walked around. He was absolutely fine and went home with his wife and I heard nothing about it until yesterday.

He's sueing me for loss wages and ongoing pain and suffering. I got a letter from my lawyer that State Farm contacted to defend me saying that he had sued State Farm. Apparently they didn't want to settle it out so they took their case directly to me, within ONE day of not being able to file the lawsuit, they filed the lawsuit. This is what I feel like to this ass. but it was my fault and I don't know what they're trying to get from me. :fuckyou:

I have to go to court February 2nd at 3:30 to figure out what the fuck is going on and I gotta call my lawyer monday morning. I need to take the day off. Good thing I have vacation days left.

theyre not trying to get anything from you they are suing your insurance company, theyre rtying to get a settlement out of your insurance. I dont beleive you have alot to worry about besides your rates will probably go up quite a bit

That doesn't matter. I don't have the time and money to throw into missing work and sitting in court, and if my rates go up State farm is gone. They've been good to me and if my rates go up from this fucker, hell fucking no.

Let them sue your insurance company, if you're rates go up so much that you can't afford it, simply find a new policy.

they are sueing my company, under my name. I HAVE to go to court now. I have no choice. I'm sick of being pushed around so I'm going to throw all the shit back in his face.

I know how you feel. The bum is probably looking for an easy way out, I mean 2 years after the accident. If he is supposively having pain, he probably sustained it elsewhere (after the accident ) so now he's falling back on you for cash. Get a lawyer yo. Make him prove his case. I know it sucks having to deal with all of it but that f*cktard will get his in the end.

he is probably hurting financialy so he does what every red necked american dos sue, but the accident was settled years ago, so he might not get away with it. That fucker, were do you live i will personaly fuck him up. :D

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 31 2003, 08:13 AM
Well as I stated in that kill story I got in a wreck two years ago, it was my fault as I tried to make a left in front of a purple S10 on October 15th 2001. I didn't see him and the result was him nailing me at 45 mph in my Geo, he spun me 180 degrees, got out of his truck and walked around. He was absolutely fine and went home with his wife and I heard nothing about it until yesterday.

He's sueing me for loss wages and ongoing pain and suffering. I got a letter from my lawyer that State Farm contacted to defend me saying that he had sued State Farm. Apparently they didn't want to settle it out so they took their case directly to me, within ONE day of not being able to file the lawsuit, they filed the lawsuit. This is what I feel like to this ass. but it was my fault and I don't know what they're trying to get from me. :fuckyou:

I have to go to court February 2nd at 3:30 to figure out what the fuck is going on and I gotta call my lawyer monday morning. I need to take the day off. Good thing I have vacation days left.

When you have an insurance policy, your are legally covered by your company, with that they will represent you in a lawsuit. I would get in contact with your insurance company asap as they are the ones that will be representing you in court. As far as your ins policy going up...if you were at fault, then your insurance company has a right to surcharge your policy assuming the damage paid out was over their threshold in the state. If it was over two years ago, chances are your policy has already been surcharged and you are already paying a higher premium.. They cannot surcharge the policy again for the same claim even when a lawsuit occurs. They can however cancel your policy if it doesnt meet their underwriting guidelines. Whatever the case maybe I woudl get in contact with your claims dept asap tso they can prepare for the hearing.

I deal with ins on a daily basis so if you have any other ?'s feel free to ask.

you shouldve kidnapped that fucker for a day so he couldnt file the suit :ph34r:

where's tony at when you need him? isn't he in law school? i thought there was a 1 year period for filing a law suit on an accident. but anyways, good luck man. don't worry about your insurance they will be the ones hiring the lawyers i think.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Oct 31 2003, 08:40 AM
Let them sue your insurance company, if you're rates go up so much that you can't afford it, simply find a new policy.

that's a shitload easier said than done. for some people

if he really filed the lawsuit the exact last day or the day before the deadline, the judge is going to see through that.

thats such bull shit, and even so this is just a preliminary hearing to decide if the case should go to court.

if it does go to court then it will be years before this guy sees any cash.

my brother got t-boned by some righ-ass high school kid who was going 80 on a residential street. the kid blasted through a blind intersection running a stop sign and hit my borthers car. that was almost 5 years ago. my brother has permanent brain damage and all the kid got was a speeding ticket. he didn't even get cited for running the stop sign.

we took his insurance to court because they said it wasn't the kids fault since he didn't get cited for the stop sign. we ended up getting 3 settlements, one for $60,000, one for $20,000, and one for $180,000. of that my brother recieved $170,000. but he also has no control over his emotions and has to take a bunch of meds to help him stay normal. his wife recently left him because she couldn't hanlde it anymore (funny how that happened right after she spent all his money tho).

at the time of the accident my brother's head went through his window and hit the hood of the other car. he was having seizures. and when the other kid saw him he started laughing. he thought it was fucking funny.

i'm glad i wasn't there.

sorry to thread jack, but i say you shouldn't worry cause your insurance will take care of it.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 31 2003, 01:19 PM
i would agree with sisteve. he works for an insurance company.

yeah, what he said ^

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Oct 31 2003, 01:07 PM
if he really filed the lawsuit the exact last day or the day before the deadline, the judge is going to see through that.

thats such bull shit, and even so this is just a preliminary hearing to decide if the case should go to court.

if it does go to court then it will be years before this guy sees any cash.

my brother got t-boned by some righ-ass high school kid who was going 80 on a residential street. the kid blasted through a blind intersection running a stop sign and hit my borthers car. that was almost 5 years ago. my brother has permanent brain damage and all the kid got was a speeding ticket. he didn't even get cited for running the stop sign.

we took his insurance to court because they said it wasn't the kids fault since he didn't get cited for the stop sign. we ended up getting 3 settlements, one for $60,000, one for $20,000, and one for $180,000. of that my brother recieved $170,000. but he also has no control over his emotions and has to take a bunch of meds to help him stay normal. his wife recently left him because she couldn't hanlde it anymore (funny how that happened right after she spent all his money tho).

at the time of the accident my brother's head went through his window and hit the hood of the other car. he was having seizures. and when the other kid saw him he started laughing. he thought it was fucking funny.

i'm glad i wasn't there.

sorry to thread jack, but i say you shouldn't worry cause your insurance will take care of it.

if i was walkin down the street and saw a kid laughing at a someone havin a siezure on a car hood because of a wreck he just caused, i would take it upon myself to beat that kid senseless and then throw a rock into his windshield, place him back into the car and stay until the cops came, then i would stay as a witness and blame it all on the kid in hopes that he would get charged with as much as possible. cause that is just fucked up what he did.

in regards to the guy walking around after the accident, it is very possible to sustain some sort of whiplash or some sort of necj injury and still walk around minutes to hours after an accident. The adrenaline flow in your body limits the pain until you relax.......

i agree with that, but it doesn't take 2 years for an injury to surface. if he was in that much trauma i think he would have been sueing the insurance company like a week or two weeks after the crash.

not 2 years.

Originally posted by quicksi@Oct 31 2003, 07:05 PM
in regards to the guy walking around after the accident, it is very possible to sustain some sort of whiplash or some sort of necj injury and still walk around minutes to hours after an accident. The adrenaline flow in your body limits the pain until you relax.......

Well that's true but we were there for an hour while the tow truck finally showed up. His wife and kid were there and he said he had been hit not 3 months before our accident. Go figure.

He filed it on the October 14th 03, the accident was October 15th 2001. Last day before he could legally file it. My lawyer will hopefully jump on that shit.

His wife is the one who filed the suit on the 14th because of loss wages and him being in too much pain or whatever. If I had a scanner I'd show you the letter I got.

Back