GOT in accident, Will they TOTAL it or Fix it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

david_jones001

I just got in a accident today, the other driver slammed into my left front corner , she was sighted , not me, this is what from what i can see is wrong
LF headlight and housing all broken to shit
bumper cracked and buffed up and broken to shit
left front fender all peeled back like a can opener was tooking to it
now there is like this metal support, it goes all the way around from each side to the car, its thick and its what the hood latch sticks too, , that is twisted and cruncked and pushed back, is that some kinda frame, its on the top, looks like they bent back the power steering rev and washer rev, , wheel well fucked up and scratching tire, , the car died on me as soon as she hit me, then it started back up again, but im wondering if the inssurance is gonna wanna fix it or declare it a total loss, its a 96 civic with 150,000 miles on it, im sure it has some bent suspention like a strut or tie rod too as well and well as all the mud and flap gards that are fucked, the, hood is a little fucked too
im hoping they will declare a total loss on it and i can get some money out of it , cuase im tired of this fucking car, and want to get a knew one, my concer is im sure they whould fix the rest of the stuff but the part thats like a engine bay frame thats on the top that goes from the left front head light to the front of the car, and to the right side is fucked, possible sub frame, what ya think

Totaled.

That stuff alone adds up to 1/2 the cost of fixing it, at cost price, not marked up.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Dec 25 2004, 05:07 AM
Totaled.

That stuff alone adds up to 1/2 the cost of fixing it, at cost price, not marked up.
[post=437020]Quoted post[/post]​

well the blue book shows if it is in poor condtion, which it has some small dents, , and its has some stains on the carpet and all, but the low blue book is, 4000, u think ill get that much from them

hmmm, sounds like you have no idea about cars...

has the motor moved? as in pushed back against the firewall... or the rear piece of metal in the engine bay...?

if it was me i would let the insurance company total it out, then buy it back for a couple hundred bucks and fix it...
did the windshield break? is the windshield frame still straight? do the doors open like stock or do they bind?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 28 2004, 09:06 AM
hmmm, sounds like you have no idea about cars...

has the motor moved? as in pushed back against the firewall... or the rear piece of metal in the engine bay...?

if it was me i would let the insurance company total it out, then buy it back for a couple hundred bucks and fix it...
did the windshield break? is the windshield frame still straight? do the doors open like stock or do they bind?
[post=438154]Quoted post[/post]​

don't do this a car is written off for a reason what makes you think you can repare the structural members of a car properly and to the saftey standards? I have schooling as does swanny, and i would not bother fixing a car with the front that broken up. It is not economical to try to do so.

And if you've ever driven a car that has been totaled before, and after, it doesn't drive the same. There's always something off.

don't do this a car is written off for a reason what makes you think you can repare the structural members of a car properly and to the saftey standards? I have schooling as does swanny, and i would not bother fixing a car with the front that broken up. It is not economical to try to do so.

i have rebuilt worse, and i have found it to be EXTREMELY economical...

I wouldn't want to rebuild that car. It would be cheaper to buy another 96 Civic with the totalled out cash.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 28 2004, 11:29 AM

i have rebuilt worse, and i have found it to be EXTREMELY economical...
[post=438206]Quoted post[/post]​

how? a car with a damage to the structur is written off as salvage only and can not be rebuilt!

how? a car with a damage to the structur is written off as salvage only and can not be rebuilt!

depends on your state laws...
i have been able to get cars back from the insurance company that was "totaled" without getting a slavage title, this is prob only for cars that you own though...
or you can get the 907 and then fix it and get it inspected...
all depends on how skilled you are...

if the insurance company gives you 4K, you buy the car back for 500 and spend 1500 on parts, you just made 2000 for your time and labor...
but 1500 is a high estimate for parts in my opinion...

but it also depends on the car... if the motor is pushed back i would avoid it, if the doors don't open right, or the windshield frame is all torqued i would prob not attempt a rebuild, but if its just front damage with minimal frame rail damage i would make some money on it...

1500 for parts? where a new rad support, fender, light, light basket, inner fender, bumper, cover, frame, paint, wheel( all that bent crap), hood, power stering parts.
try again

this is what is prob going to happen. they are going to ask you the condition of car and then they will ask if the air bag poped if it did its totaled if it didnt than they should ask what you want to do with it. and then you say give me my money bitch and get this huge paper weight off my property. and then later that night b4 they take it away take shit off of it that you can sell that they wont notice(mirrors seats? hoses fans vents)

Back