got me an interview today!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
It's with a compny called Thermovac, that is working with one of my biggest interests; composites, both polymer matrix and ceramic matrix.

it is about an hour and 20 minutes from where i live in lansing, or about 40 minutes from my parents house back home, so if i score the job; over the summer i can live at home and have less of a commute while getting all my food provided :) SCORE!

wish me luck fellas!

good luck on the interview homie but in the mean time...what the hell is polmer and ceramic matrix???

polymer matrix composites (PMC) and ceramic matrix composites (CMC)...

carbon fiber is a PMC... it has an expoxy matrix (the thing that holds the fibers where they should be and acts as a transfer agent to transfer stresses to fibers so a load it distrubuted throughout the entire structure rather than a small region.) and i work with armor composites and study ballistic impact resistance and such. some armor composites rely on a ceramic matrix because it is very hard (corundum for example) and when combined with some fibers in there can dissipate a great deal of energy without being perforated.

Translation = Adam is smart.

Good luck Pills, you've worked your ass off for it, the last 3 years I've known you, you've always been taking classes and studying hardcore.

Good Luck Pills. Let us know how it goes. I did not understand one thing about the job but hey your smart.

Good luck man! :thumbsup:

btw- Jagers the shiiiiittt. :D

Yeah, how'd it go?

You know you still wanna do the cool cool research with me and Grummon.
mmmm, superelastic metals.... bah with those silly transparent ceramics or whatever.

adam, you majored in Material engineering at MSU right? I am actually thinking about switching my major to that here at MTU.

congrats on the interview

got the job!! and yea.. materials science and engineering... GREAT major... not enough materials graduates and plenty of jobs!

Congrats, now that you have a new job boost the s2k.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Nov 6 2004, 09:20 PM
got the job!! and yea.. materials science and engineering... GREAT major... not enough materials graduates and plenty of jobs!
[post=413199]Quoted post[/post]​

Awesome. Maybe I should try to go back to grad school for materials instead of dynamics and thermo. :)

seriously consider it... composite armor is absolutely HUGE now. there was only one guy running the composites division of the company and he had very unskilled help. i plan on bringing some new innovative ideas there adn hopefully it turns into a job after graduation

Back