Got my crower 403's today!!B or wildbillhatch come

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

Hey all i just got in my crower 403's with titanium springs and retainers, also got a fucking halarious sticker of a sasquatch holding a cam, saying Crower beast Cams, with a crower cams shirt on. but ya, anyway, just thought id ask. B and wildbillhatch, u guys have done the install on bill's car, how was it? what should i look for or watch our for?, i know i have to take off the head so i dont let the valves drop, i have a knowledgeable friend helping me, but he doesnt really know what hes doing either. any1 with anythoughts that would make my life easier, please let me know!. ill keep u posted on how they affect my times. Last night i ran a 15.038, slowish, but it was a warm, heavy air'd night.

Me personally, I would take the head off, replace the headgasket, get the head ported some, change out that nasty intake manny, and not rush the install of the cams.

But you can also put compressed air into the head to hold the valves up while you cahnge your springs and retainers, me personally I don't like doing that, I would rather take the head off, inspect the valve guides, you might need to replace them. inspect teh head and see if it's in spec.

Milan

ya im saving up to do it all at once, replace valve guides, seals, 3 angle valve gring valves, slight headwork, get springs and retainers installed for around 450 bucks canadian. then ill just throw the cams in when i get the head come. tody i did a comp test, 180's all across the board, but i still wanna grind the valves for future.

atleast you have good compression across, make sure you get good cam gears also. Good luck,

Milan

to target the cams, you need cam gears. the directions say where to set them. ... i think its like 5* on one of them.

as for doing the valves/springs... you need a tool. its basically a mini spring compressor. bill's head was pre-built with the vs/retainers, so he just kinda put them in. i wasn't there that day, so youd have to ask him for more info on what he actually did.

ya right now i think im just gunna re-do the whole head.
I have 2 choices tho, keep in mind im almost out of money, so anything i do ill be waiting.

Choice #1: New valve seals, and Guides, 3 angle valve grind. installation of Crower springs and retainers. all for 350-400 canadian
Choice #2: New valve seals and guides, install of crower springs and retainers $300 and 5 angle valve grind and medium port and polish for $300.

Right now im leaning toward choice #2 as long as my money keeps coming. i have like $600 in bank, a $400 paycheck coming in, i gotta buy my clutch for $700, then i use the rest for building up the head.

Back