Got my first paycheck from the new job today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

there are plenty of ex-military guys here....

and Nick, grats on the sweet paycheck.
thanks. this is NOT a brag thread though. this is a bitch about taxes thread. so i hope people don't think the wrong idea.
good nick im sorry if i came up like that i didnt see the ":p" i didnt take it in a bad way at all!!!! are you service connected? if not you should contact me so we can get you service connected. this also goes to all the military people here in the forums i can help you guys with the VA benefits.
i don't know what service connected means. but from all of us here on HS, thanks for serving OUR country.

I wasnt bragging either, i was showing how OT is helpful but is taxed to hell. Also showing how my comission is such a high number but basically is taxed 50% :(

I wasnt bragging either, i was showing how OT is helpful but is taxed to hell. Also showing how my comission is such a high number but basically is taxed 50% :(
oh i wasn't pointing fingers. i just know there are some "less mature" member that might not know how we are and think we are bragging. but that sucks comissions are taxed so high.

well beieve it or not we had internet acces in Iraq and all the other soldiers who are stationed world wide have internet access thats why i said all SOLDIERS also "active, reserve, nationalguard, retired, and former soldiers there is no such thing a an EX soldier.....lol

speaking of....

whatever happened to WykedSniper or whatever his name was?

speaking of....

whatever happened to WykedSniper or whatever his name was?

no clue tried looking him up a few months ago... but his page is no longer active... and i got no reply back from the email i sent him

he was a good guy i hope all is well... the poem he posted up for me when my uncle died still brings me to tears

^^^ well for northern NJ is ok the cost of living is not that cheap i used to live in NJ now im in NC where is CHEAP!!!!!!!!!

Nice for a single guy. A cushy living at that.....

I hope to bank somewhere around that out of college. I'm at like 1.5k a month working well 30 hours a week/tops. And another 800 a month on side jobs. Its not bad for a college kid, but kind of stressful at some times. And I'm well under the table like whoa.

I'm 18 making 520 gross and taking home 400 a week after taxes, medical, dental, and vision if I don't work OT. I took the semester off to gain job security, but going to school full time and working OT almost every week is damn tough =(. I'm currently in a struggle to become an overachiever because I don't want to be in this town my whole life.

Congrats on your new job and yes, taxes fucking blow. I hope all continues to go well for you.

Back