got my h22a mounted in

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

juicedprelude

the motor is in and tomorrow i have to go get a distributor and my ecu. The motor came out of a 98 prelude and my prelude is a 92. Will the p13 ecu from the 4th generation vtec prelude work for me? and ill need an obd1 distributor also...right?

If anyone has done this swap any wise words would be greatly appreciated. :worthy:

"And now you know, and knowing is half the battle"

nice quote man, thats from GI joe back in the day:). god i used to love GI Joes, i had over 300 and 50 ships best toy ever.

you dont need a harness conversion....just get an OBD1 ECu cuz your car is OBD1...and you gonna have problem with pluging engine harness into your injectors...this is what you do...you cut the injector plugs from your 98 harness that came with the engine...and cut plugs on your 92 original harness and swap the plugs...but in the future...you might wanna upgrade your injectors too..cuz OBD2 injectors are saturated injector with only 290cc VS. OBD1 injectors are 345cc...after you swap out your injectors..you also need a resister pack..the resister goes parallel with your injectors...this cause the impedance to be lower...

by the way...i got the JDM H22A distributor, 345cc peak/hold injectors, and 5spd ECU...i'll sell it to you for 4 bills plus shipping if you're interested...

Ran into some wiring confusion. 3 things:
4 wires coming out of the bottom rear driver side of the motor...dont know what it is but it wasnt on my h23

vtec pressure switch is on the top of the throttle body...right? it has one wire and i have a general idea of where it plugs in on my ecu but not for sure...there are some empty spotson the plugs but i dont want to go messing things up

same story for the vtec solenoid

any help would be appreciated greatly :worthy:

oh yea its a p13 ecu

Get a Helms y0!

As far as I know, there aren't ANY sensors on the top of the throttle body. Just a few vacuum lines....

VTEC pressure switch is over on the passenger side of the head. You can't miss the VTEC solenoid, it's the only thing that LOOKS like a solenoid on the passenger side of the head. It's mounted on the cam opposite the distributor.

the sensor on the bottom is crank fluctuation sensor...
the sensor on the throttle body is map sensor and i know where the solenoid is...

really....the only confusion that i still have is the ecu pinout

yea i have that printed out already...if someone could just explain which pins are which cuz on the ecu there are 2 rows of pins

got all the sensors hooked up except my crank sensor on the bottom of the motor...anyone have a clue which pins it goes to on a p13 ecu?

im pretty sure it hooks up to b13, 14, 15,and b16
there are 4 wires blue, white, red, and green on the crank tdc sensor...which ones go where? anyone?
frustrated all to hell

from what i heard its harder to upgrade from from obd1 to obd2.....obd2b ecu has immobilizer which makes impossible to use unless u know how to bypass....but u can use the obd2a which is 96.. not sure about 97 but 98 has obd2b i kno for sure if u use obd2 ecu u need to change injectors, distributor

Back