Got my latest "mod"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Yep. Ordered tuesday, got here today. Good fast shipping IMO.

med_gallery_27060_160_10620.jpg

Autometer twin gauge bezel. I front test fitted it and it looks like it'll slip in like a glove.

Gonna grab a used A/F (sending money order for that tomorrow, actually) and new boost gauge later on, both by autometer as well.

I'm sending the money order to eg6sir tomorrow for the 60 mm B series TB which I'm gonna have ported (when I find that company that does that for 35 again, anyone have a link?) and stick it on when I get my JRSC next summer.

I also ordered a Megan Racing H brace and Megan Racing LCAs tuesday. Hopefully I can get them installed before it gets real cold and starts snowing. :)

God I love reducing bills and getting a big fatty raise. Money gallore. :mrgreen:

i think you should lower your car before you spend all your cash on this stuff :)

have fun with it all though!!

I'd get some suspension, but I can't decide on what the fuck I want.

Koni yellows/GC Coilovers?
KYB GR2s/lowering springs?

Tokico/lowering springs?

I dunno... it's hard to make up my mind when I ask on three import boards and get three different popular answers of opinions on good reliable setups.

stay stock on the suspension until after winter...

Nice deal. I'm glad to see you actually doing modifications to your car man.

Don't waste your money on an autometer a/f gauge. Everyone likes to refer to it as a light show becuase it really doesn't tell you what your a/f is. You need a wideband for that. Also stay away from the megan lca's. I have heard bad things about them and lca's are really something you should upgrade last.

Quoted post[/post]]
Don't waste your money on an autometer a/f gauge. Everyone likes to refer to it as a light show becuase it really doesn't tell you what your a/f is. You need a wideband for that. Also stay away from the megan lca's. I have heard bad things about them and lca's are really something you should upgrade last.

uh... yeah. How come I hear nothing but good things about Megan Racing LCAs until after I've already purchased them. You hearing bad things proves nothing to me.

i can vouch that the a/f guages are bullshit. All the stories you hear about them are correct. If you tune your car to one of those you probally not have a car much longer.

Quoted post[/post]]
stay stock on the suspension until after winter...

It's not like I exactly have a grand to drop on suspension right now anyway. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Noooooooooooooo!

Do the vortech!!! :laugh:

Nah. Twin Screw, small compact, decent gains, cheap, sounds awesome.

Quoted post[/post]]
Nice deal. I'm glad to see you actually doing modifications to your car man.

I know, isn't it great? My brother keeps telling me I'm a loser. :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
Gonna grab a used A/F (sending money order for that tomorrow, actually) and new boost gauge later on, both by autometer as well.

if you didin't buy the a/f yet, don't. its 100% worthless dude.

I'm sending the money order to eg6sir tomorrow for the 60 mm B series TB which I'm gonna have ported (when I find that company that does that for 35 again, anyone have a link?) and stick it on when I get my JRSC next summer.

hrm, i remember that too... what was his name...

I also ordered a Megan Racing H brace and Megan Racing LCAs tuesday. Hopefully I can get them installed before it gets real cold and starts snowing. :)

h-brace, ok.. but why did you order lca's? other than saving a few pounds, there's no advantage to them at all...

God I love reducing bills and getting a big fatty raise. Money gallore. :mrgreen:

:laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd get some suspension, but I can't decide on what the fuck I want.

Koni yellows/GC Coilovers?
KYB GR2s/lowering springs?

Tokico/lowering springs?

I dunno... it's hard to make up my mind when I ask on three import boards and get three different popular answers of opinions on good reliable setups.

out of those, the koni/gc is the best performer... but you might be a bitch and hate it for street use :p i personally think the stiffer the better though

uh... yeah. How come I hear nothing but good things about Megan Racing LCAs until after I've already purchased them. You hearing bad things proves nothing to me.

megan is just another tiwaneese spin off, similar to obx.... its really nothing quality.

koni yellows and eibach sportlines. They are stiff, non progressive, and they lower a civic perfectly, almost two inches, but id suggest doing the washer trick for th rear camber.

i have a black faced autometer boost gauge that i dont want and a turbo timer if you need em :)

you can buy the af gauge and buy a kit to make it WB...

no, you still need a wideband...

plxdevices has the conversion you're talking about. all said and done, you shoulda just bought an lm-1 in the first place.

im sure James is gonna get my room mate to help him put the suspension on. and if he gets the Koni yellow/GC combo, ya better be damn skippy we are gonna crank the coilovers ALL the way down. :ph34r:

we will convert you yet James :mrgreen:

LMAO brian. I'm not going to be like that kid with the bagged hatchback. He has what he wants, I'm doing what I want.

Anyway, I guess I should have said I've never heard of anything bad about Megan Racing. LCAs, from what I've read, help to keep the camber at an acceptable level after the car has been lowered with aftermarket suspension. And that they save a few pounds.

105 bucks shipped, why not? :dunno:

B, how much is an LM-1 Wideband, what company makes them? I'll look into it before I send the MO to the guy for the A/F gauge.

Back