Got my latest "mod"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a lot of that stuff is neat. The datalogger isn't too much either.

Quoted post[/post]]
innovative makes the lm-1.

its 300 bucks. its the full deal.. o2 sensor to unit to display.
https://www.innovativetuning.com/osCommerce...a155b08774fe951

don't buy it there, thats a rip off. i paid 279 for mine.

haha ok. 21 bucks difference from rip off to not. :laugh:

I'll look at it and shop around though. Thanks for the link, I'll spend more... even though I've already added every plan up to a total of about 11 grand. :eek:

Ya, wtf you get LCA's for? huge waste of your $105 man, they are completely useless. Camber correction is what you want? You can use washers from the hardware store to space out the upper control arm.

And just like everyone else said, an A/F gauge on a narrowband O2 is also totally useless.

I do like the guage bezel though :)

yes, af on a narrowband or stock o2 is pretty gay. a friend, well actually 3 of em had the AF gauge on their cars two were cavaliers and the other was a civic w/ls i believe yea, all they did was sweep back and forth, no real reading.

also, you can also make your own wideband, for cheap. not sure how effective it is... but its an alternative. http://www.diy-wb.com/

Quoted post[/post]]
Ya, wtf you get LCA's for? huge waste of your $105 man, they are completely useless. Camber correction is what you want? You can use washers from the hardware store to space out the upper control arm.

And just like everyone else said, an A/F gauge on a narrowband O2 is also totally useless.

You really know how to bring a guy down. :cry: (minus that last line, thanks.)

Money's spent, it's a done deal. So whether they help or not, oh well. But still, I'd rather not cheap out and get a 5 cent washer only to have it break and fuck up my suspension and tires.

Quoted post[/post]]
yes, af on a narrowband or stock o2 is pretty gay. a friend, well actually 3 of em had the AF gauge on their cars two were cavaliers and the other was a civic w/ls i believe yea, all they did was sweep back and forth, no real reading.

also, you can also make your own wideband, for cheap. not sure how effective it is... but its an alternative. http://www.diy-wb.com/

Nah, I know phone systems...not how to build widebands. I'll spend the money, I have some now.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

You really know how to bring a guy down. :cry: (minus that last line, thanks.)

Money's spent, it's a done deal. So whether they help or not, oh well. But still, I'd rather not cheap out and get a 5 cent washer only to have it break and fuck up my suspension and tires.
Sorry to bring you down man :) You should research before you buy. But honestly, I use the washer method on my track car, which gets much more stress put on its suspension components than any street driven car ever would. Cool thing is, if the washers did somehow break, you just go back having more negative camber, which can't mess anything up except tread wear. But I don't see galvonized washers being squished by side loads on a 2500lb car to the extent of making them fail.

I honestly did research and read what they "supposedly" did for the suspension. I remember reading about someone on here (I think it was Jon??) getting LCAs on his hatch.

ah well.

Jon... Dropshop ?

Also, I have a narrowband O2 and a gauge in the truck, it's not "completely" useless. I mean, you try to make it scan the yellow as much as possible. But for visual cues, a narrowband is just fine for a gauge. If you're running engine management, you don't want it to make calculations for .3 volts one second, .6 the next, .2 the next, then .7 the next so on and so on.

or is his name John? 92civiccx? I suck at remembering some peoples screen names.

Anyway, on the advice given I've decided against getting the A/F gauge. But now the question stands, what gauge should I get to fill the gaping hole in the dash bezel now?

EGT gauge?
oil?
temp?

How accurate is the factory temp gauge?

I'd go with either oil temp or oil press

dayum. I only have 40 in paypal too. :cry:

but that is still expensive as shit. lol

as far as the gauge for the gaping hole... oil pressure since you dont have one.

from what i understand the stock temp gauge is fairly accurate. there's a spread of temperatures that he gauge is designed not to move so it doesnt freak the owner/driver out. with it moving up and down

i say stick a oil pressure and water temp guages in the bezel. black face will look ten times better then anything else since it will match the black face of the si cluster. but thats my opinion.

if you want a wb, i say go with the plx m300. i like it better then the lm-1 for the fact that it actually has a display you can mount. to get a display you can mount with the lm-1 is like another 300 bucks. the lm-1 comes with a display, but its arranged like a calculator, for tuning purposes obviously but IMO datalogging is the best way to tune.

just my .02

I have a BS meter laying around I'll sell ya...

It reads from low-- med-- to full of BS....

Yours for the price of $89....paypal OK...

aai.sized.jpg

abj.sized.jpg

Back