Got my latest "mod"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I like the tie wrap around the guage pod. :laugh:

I just decided... after this thread, to purchase an oil pressure & boost gauge. Autometer, 2 1/16" black face. 119 total shipped.

Now, I'm done for a while until I pay my credit card down some. :laugh:

Not the thread jack but how do u hook up a water temp gauge?

run power to it, run the signal wire from the temp sender to it, run ground to it and bam your done.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I just decided... after this thread, to purchase an oil pressure & boost gauge. Autometer, 2 1/16" black face. 119 total shipped.

Now, I'm done for a while until I pay my credit card down some. :laugh:

So I take it your going to be boosted soon?

Hopefully sometime next summer, JRSC at 6 psi.
cool... What happen to getting the Edelbrock kit?

what made you choose the JRCS?

I decided to try something new. Everybody and their mother boost with a snail, with the exception of Prowler of course.

This should provide boost at any rpm in any gear, giving a little extra umph.

Figured I'd try it, then build the engine a little and add more. Then when I get bored with it I'll start on a 92-95 hatch b18c1 turbo project. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
prepare to go from slow to "just a tad faster than slow" for too much money.

2195 is too much money? Only way I could possibly save money is to piece parts together myself, which simply isn't going to happen. The JRSC is just as cheap/expensive as a good turbo kit with a GT28rs or GT35.

Besides, I really could care less how fast I go in a straight line. I want decent ALL around performance over just concentrating on straight line or cornering abilities.

You will NOT be disappointed with the JRSC. Even on my D series, it pulls like no other. The only downside is that the top end is still missing. So if you're wanting to do highway pulls, it's not going to be like a turbo.

The LCA's from Megan are worthless. They'll fit fine, but I've read of many many people who replace them with SSR's after a few months since the bushings in the Megan LCA's break down in no time. I like a lot of stuff Megan makes, but their LCA's and coilover sleeves are garbage.

BTW, you're gonna hate the JRSC install. Make sure you have a long weekend that you can dedicate every day to just the install.

Then get the car tuned. Do it yourself with Uberdata (since it has free datalogging and works with the LM-1 wideband) or have someone do it with Crome Pro.

It's good to see some progress with the Si.

why do you need a bosot gague for a jackson? lol it does its 6 pounds, and thats it... lol
another useless gauge...

hahah all it does is tell you ihow many pounds of boost your making. for a supercharger setup if you dont fuck it up then your going to run the set boost amount. turbos can overboost

hey, he wants to see his whopping 6 pounds!!!! lol, if its set and run by a pulley and belt... then i dont see why youd need one.

Quoted post[/post]]
why do you need a bosot gague for a jackson? lol it does its 6 pounds, and thats it... lol
another useless gauge...

Quoted post[/post]]
hahah all it does is tell you ihow many pounds of boost your making. for a supercharger setup if you dont fuck it up then your going to run the set boost amount. turbos can overboost

Quoted post[/post]]
hey, he wants to see his whopping 6 pounds!!!! lol, if its set and run by a pulley and belt... then i dont see why youd need one.

So what the fuck will it hurt to have it? Oh yeah, superchargers never boost spike. Except every now and then. :)

edit: I plan on building the engine and upping boost. if the JRSC doesn't cut it at 10 psi I'll be getting a GT28R kit or a GT35. [/edit]

If I have a gauge then I won't need to buy one later on in life. But hey, car-nut girls like seeing gauges... makes them horny.

...now all I need is a girl that's a car-nut. :dry:

dont waste your money on a JRSC kit. piece together a turbo kit. including clutch and wideband you wont be lookinga t more then 2200 bucks

Wrong wrong wrong. I guarantee you'll get a much more reliable and NEW setup with a JRSC that will kill a turbo setup on an auto-x course for LESS money. Reference some of my Forced Induction threads I've made. You'll see lots of reasons why. I don't feel like explaining myself over and over again when me and James know what we're looking for in our respective cars.

Back