Got my paint, and started painting.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Well, I got my paint the other day. Love the color.

Anyway, I started painting and I dunno, I'm getting runs. Is this because I'm using too much reducer (i was measuring by eye)?

Or is it because you think I'm just spraying too much?

I can't post pics but I wan't to know peoples common problems with the paint running.

It lays down nice until I let go of the trigger (accidentally on the peice I was painting, which I think caused the overspray which led to the running) and it blurts out more paint than I want. Does this make sense?

It looks like I'm going to have to sand that bitch down and do it again.

ok, so i sanded it down, and redid it. Didn't get as bad of a run but I got the fish eye type thing now. I think I'm going to need more paint. It wasn't this hard the first time.

manm get a 10 cent mix cup.
and don't stop spraying until you are off the panel

I got it right, a little bit of wetsanding and it will be much much better than any Maaco job.

Does anyone actually paint the underside of the hood? I'm thinking of just painting it with some of that spray on high temp paint.

well if you are getting runs you are spraying too close or too much pressure. stand back some and/or decrease pressure. take your time and do it right. and yes you can spray the inderside of your hood. just take it off before you start painting it....easier that way.

Well, I got it to look decent but ran outta paint, so only my front end is done. I used almost 1/2 quart trying to adjust the gun right.

I like the color and shit, but I changed my mind, I want it black now. I know if I had bought enough paint from the beginning I would have been fine with the color. We'll see what happens.

how thin are yoiu runing it at if you keep getting runs and just a dash less hardner and as for seting it up set the pressurer at the recomended specs then fine tuen from there.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 29 2004, 03:24 PM
how thin are yoiu runing it at if you keep getting runs and just a dash less hardner and as for seting it up set the pressurer at the recomended specs then fine tuen from there.
[post=396284]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Don't do black unless you think your are good. Because black paint will test your skills.

A couple of runs won't kill you. Set up your gun right and back off the fluid knob a little to adjust how much product you apply.

I may fine tune my gun a little on the fly, but I don't use paint for the initial adjustment. You use thinner, it's cheaper.

Back