got my rods back

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
well i finally got my rods done. i had my arp rod bolts installed. i had to go to 2 different shops to get it all done though cause the shop that installed them didnt have a mandrel small enough to resize them. so i had to take them to a different shop like an hour away to get resized. and the shop stretched them to .0075-.0079" as per ARP's specs when they resized them.

pics:
gallery_1242_496_113388.jpg

gallery_1242_496_3395.jpg

gallery_1242_496_130384.jpg

gallery_1242_496_71560.jpg

its nice and all, but i think there may be a slight problem. the end caps are an absolute BITCH to get off. i seriously have to beat the end caps off. i think this might be a problem when it comes time to build the motor. specifically when plasiguaging. how am i supposed to get them off to check the plasiguage when its installed on the crank? anyone ever run into this?

uhh if you want to check the plastiguage strip then it is a concern. you have to take the end cap off to get the rod off the crank.

blanco will you explain a little? im having a hard time visualizing exactly what you are doing.

lmao i was waiting for someone to say something about the deoderant. i got it free with my most recent summit order, lol

ahh so your talking about plastiguaging them all at once. now do you put the plastiguage on the upper part of the rod or the end cap? would putting it on the end cap affect the plastiguage reading while removal? since you are bracing the end cap against the crank for removal.

Back