got my stove in :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I didn't click the link, if its a metal top it can get that hot.

My ex-girlfriend's family had one at their lake house in PA. Her father always complained how inefficient it was because you had to be near the pellet stove and that it was not cheap to feed.

it is a metal top.

it was on for 3 hours yesterday, and i was still able to touch it. it was hot, but it didn't insta-burn.
i'd say at best it was equiv. to a range top on setting 2 / 10.

My parent's just had one installed, and it is badass. Basically will cut the heating oil bills in half, possibly more if they can deal with a bit of a chill.
i think more than half. If my estimates are correct, i will be paying 30% of what i paid last year... and that was at highly reduced oil prices compared to today. so, maybe it's closer to 20% of the cost this season.
Sure, the inital stove purchase eats that profit, but by year two, i'm more than ahead..... and i plan on staying at my house for a long time. i like it here :)

B, have you looking into geo-thermal heating/cooling? Not the "pipe into h
ot rocks", but the system that uses tubes burried deep underground, below the frost line to absorb heat in the summer, and to warm up the water to around 57 degrees in the winter.
never heard of it.
sounds expensive.

i'm on ledge... and in wetlands due to the river (a stupid zoning issue.. i've yet to even get a drop of water in my basement). it's probably not going to happen even if it is cheap.

My grandparents have had one for all my life. They love it to death.

:werd:

so random southerner question.... why not have an electric heater like we do down here? not efficient for the temps up there or?

electric heat is expensive and dry as fuck. it's the least desired option to have.

propane is the new thing around here. If my furnace ever goes, i think that's what i'll be replacing it with.

electric heat is expensive and dry as fuck. it's the least desired option to have.

You don't live in an area where the humidity ranges anywhere from 80% to the bottom of the Atlantic. Half the reason we run the AC/heat is to dry the air out.

are you kidding? lol it's humid as fuck here.

somedays, you have to swim to go outside.

Back