got my wisdom teeth removed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
well i got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. :sad: i got all 4 of them out. they gave me two drugs to put me under i dont remember what they were, but one is a cousin to Valium, and the other a cousin to Morphine. the last thing i remember before the surgery was, "hey this feels pretty good...." then i woke up 45 minutes later in the recovery room. i got home and was drinking juice and taking it easy for a couple hours. i got up to change the gauze in my mouth, and i suddenly got extremely nauscious (sp?). anyways, i ended up passing out and when the paramedics got to my house i woke up (they had a good response time though). they did some tests, and figured i passed out as a reaction to the drugs and from dehydration. my parents took me to the hospital and i spent about 2.5 to 3 hours there. 2 liters of saline fluids later, i was feeling pretty normal, sothey let me go home. now today, i'm just taking it easy eating plenty of soup, ice cream, smoothies, gatorade, etc. (too bad there's not a :swollenface: smiley)

EDIT: i forgot to mention that i haven't had to take any of the Vicodin they perscribed for me. nor any tylenol or any kind of pain killer. cool i guess

drink water at all times (carry a bottle with you everywhere)
and rince out with mouthwash regularly (especially if you smoke)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 13 2004, 03:18 PM
drink water at all times (carry a bottle with you everywhere)
and rince out with mouthwash regularly (especially if you smoke)
[post=376487]Quoted post[/post]​

i drink some water every 5-10 min. fuck smoking :puke:

got mine done a couple of months ago. facee was swollen bad. the nastiest part was wakeing up and having to cough up a blood chunk. that was hard as a rock. :yuk:

get the prescriptions filled, and send them to me...my back is killing me... ;)

I had the 4 wise theeth pulled..now I'm dumb....and I even had to get an extra molar yanked a little later....I drove to work to tell my boss I was taking the rest of the day off, picked up my paycheck and went home to pass out.

I need to get mine taken out soon while im still covered by my mothers insurence. Did they actually put you to sleep for the operation, or did you opt to stay awake? also did they put an iv into you?

You don't want to be awake when they do it...the main nerves for the molars reach all the way thru your jaw bone to your eardrum.....at least when they did my single tooth...it felt like it did, and I could hear it snapping when it got pulled. Then the sensation of the damn dead nerve after that first snap, then being yanked thru the jawbone did nothing but gave me an instant migrain headache, and then the taste of all the blood gushing wasn't pleasant.....so if you get a molar pulled...ask to get put to sleep, you'll wake up in bliss, and you won't remember a thing. Plus the inital pressure from the locking plyer's that the doc crimps on to the tooth will make you shit your pant's, because not all of your sences are numbed....your brain almost simulates the pain when you know you shouldn't feel the pain.

I simply can't imagine having those fucking vice-grips in my mouth again... urgh...

no they put me out. i walked back to the recovery room, but i dont even remember that. the last thing i remember was "this feels pretty good". then goodnight. the stuff they gave me was similar to Valium to put me out and Morphine for the pain. i guess i was awake at the time, but i don't remember any of it. that's a good thing. strong stuff. that's why i passed out at home. and from dehydration. then i went to the hospital to get an IV in my other arm. the paramedic that put the IV in my arm sucked. for some strange reason, he put the IV halfway down my forearm, and then i hear "shit...hold this towel on your arm when i pull this out. i found a better vein." <-- fucking asshole. he made a mess of my arm, and i don't bruise easy especially from needles, but my arm is pretty swollen and bruised.... at the oral surgery place, they were good at putting them in. it's already healed and you can't even tell where the needle was.

i also had my braces removed about 2 years ago, and had them in for 2.5 years. so if i didn't have them removed, they would mess everything my orthodontics did for over 2 years. i had enough crowding BEFORE my 4 wise men.

So they didnt give you a shot to put you out or give you an IV while you were out? Most people I talk to have said that they recieved both. I only ask because i have this thing with needles...

Why not watch? Its always cool to watch yourself get stabbed. I watched myself have a screw removed from my ankle on Wednesday. I could see the bone and everything, but I will post about that later.

Glad to hear you are doing good Alex, give me a call, I am going to be doing something fun on Wed & Thursday this week. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I look too. I've been knocked out a few times for surgery. Getting knocked out is the best part. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I had all four wisdom teeth pulled at the same time, but I was already chewing with them because they had fully grown in. I used to smoke, so I got dry socket in three out of four. Don't drink through a straw either.:no:

Back