Got Oil?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erikespo

Hypothetical situation:

A certain person has a blown piston ring or rings. He/She burns oil like crazy and one day checks the oil and there is none on the dipstick. So, said person adds 5 quarts of oil only to see that the oil is now 2/3 of the way up the stick.

In what ways is the engine going to be effected?

wear and tear on the moving parts.

The crank, pistons, cams. All the journals will be scraped to hell.

I hope that it's happening with your '88 Civic rather than the '05 one...

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Feb 28 2005, 01:44 AM
I hope that it's happening with your '88 Civic rather than the '05 one...
[post=467013]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: and don't touch your car until you realize that the two spots on the dip stick only measure the last quart

Yes it is the 88...

the 05 gets nothing but the best treatment.

and the 88 had zero oil on the stick and i didn't feel like adding some.. checking it. adding some... checking it. adding some... checking it. adding some...

take way to long. especaily when the car is an oil buring machine.. 5 quarts takes no time to burn through. I buy the cheap $6 for 5 quarts for Mr. Oil Drinker.

:werd:

If you added 5 quarts and you're only showing 2/3 up on the stick, you're leaking some oil straight out a hole in the bottom somewhere. Foru quarts should take you right up to the second dot on the dipstick. Get a new engine.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 28 2005, 11:34 AM
:werd:

If you added 5 quarts and you're only showing 2/3 up on the stick, you're leaking some oil straight out a hole in the bottom somewhere. Four quarts should take you right up to the second dot on the dipstick. Get a new engine.
[post=467112]Quoted post[/post]​

But he hasn't mentioned having big puddles of oil underneath his car after he fills it. Maybe he doesn't park it on pavement?

A certain person has a blown piston ring or rings. He/She burns oil like crazy and one day checks the oil and there is none on the dipstick. So, said person adds 5 quarts of oil only to see that the oil is now 2/3 of the way up the stick.

did that certain person wipe off the dipstick and recheck it, or did he pour the oil in the just glance at the dipstick?

is your uhm... whats that thingy... your uhm... oil filter on???
how about your drain plug in the oil pan?
lol

you sir are single handidely(sp?) destroying the ozone layer
lol
:lol:

and if it aint going to the ground. its going somewhere it's got no business going.
I also agree its time for a swap.

yes it is parked on pavement..

no oil is leaking out when it is parked, even after a drive.

yes i wiped the dipstick off and then checked it.

I have no garage to do the swap and it is way too cold to do one now...

Plus i need to obtain a p28 and odb0 to 1 conversion harness..

that is all i need...

I would like to get a new clutch and new bushings all around while i have the engine out.

I would have this swap done months ago how ever in december that Saab toasted it's headgasket and we had to use the swap fund on the down payment for the 05 civic

so once it warms up I will be putting th z6 in. Which hopefully is only a few weeks away. depends on this Western NY climate.

Currently it is snow at a steady rate and i can tell the tard drivers are going to be doing 45 miles an hours when i go to work tonight. Atleast i only have to drive 45 mins. (I commute a long way)

Back