Got Silvia?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
i dont care for hatches AT ALL, but a silvia fronted hatch, is much hotter than that pignose shit. :wink:

hey, easy now. and i concur, the pignose is less than attractive. i MIGHT swith to a kouki 180sx front, but since im gonna go CA, i might keep the pignose, and swap sideglass for some of the 180sx variety, but thats after the swap.

so after a week of bullshit...

friday night she calls me. there is steam/smoke pouring from the motor, and the engine is knocking like a mofo. since its raining, fuck if im going to figure out the problem. leave the car that night, take mine to go grab a bite to eat - it dies a mile from the house. wtf?

looking at the 240, the coolant REEKS like it's burnt. there is ORANGE shit all over the motor. makes me think its a bad water pump. makes sense, right? the overflow tank is almost full.

next day, replace the alternator and battery in the mirage, good to go. drive hers to the shop (remember, its still pouring) and they will fix it tuesday. good. it sits saturday, sunday, and monday.

get word that its a blown radiator hose, and the two injector o-rings i didnt replace are now leaky. lovely. they replace the hose/o-rings, flush the coolant and let the car idle for an hour. no overheating. no knocking.

pick it up yesterday to a bill of $100. not bad for a few hours diagnosis and $20 worth of parts.

this saturday begins the removal of the busted p/s pump and idler pulley, the looping of the p/s lines, moving the battery to the trunk, using that fucking maf adapter finally and putting the air filter on the throttlebody side of the motor instead of up over the fan shroud like stock. also ordering a slim fan to mount to the radiator so we can remove the fan shroud and clutch. then removal of the REST of the a/c system. if i feel like it, then the front end goes on :)

well scratch the removal of the p/s. i guess she wants to keep it on for now, but beltless. the idler pulley is frozen.

got the indiglo gauges in finally. they look nice! although they dont match ANYTHING but the alpine radio.. much brighter than the stock gauges and the graduations are almost spot-on. thanks hosmer! :) when i get a single gauge pod for the pillar i'll add the matching volt gauge, or it might end up in my car later today since im going to put in the unmolested center console without the silicon gauges. finally use my dual gauge pod :)

getting ready to move the battery to the trunk, and when travis gets here - pull the front end off :) the front came with ALL mounting brackets for the bumper and headlamps so this should be a breeze. i wonder the extent of the damage under the bumper though from the accident that happened before i bought the car.

http://www.chrisswebdesign.net/silviafront/

over 1/2way done!

120-2026_IMG.JPG

last four pics are new. i scuffed, degreased, and sprayed rustoleum metallic black over the whole radiator support. aligned the bumper and bolted it down and bolted the fenders to the bumper.

all that is left is the blinker wiring, and i have to buy 6 10mm nuts. align the hood and away it goes.

120-2032_IMG.JPG

everything looks shitty but who cares. :)

the fenders are almost perfect sans scratches, the bumper is in one piece and not cracked to shit and bondo'd. the headlights and grille are immaculate. the corner lights are great too. the hood has a couple dents, but she will probably get a c/f one after the car is teh painted.

THE FRONT END IS STRAIGHT. no gaps anywhere. the radiator support is no longer bent up top. most of the hardware is new. i cant believe how much room you gain by losing those fucking pop-ups. i can wire the front no problem, just gotta figure out what the blinkers are and shit :wink:

S-R-TWENTY D-E-T

You hear it calling. I know its not YOUR car, but still.....ITS CALLING YOU.

give it to me...i will blow that bitch up...i blew a piston out of my h23 (with a freshly replaced water pump) doing 60MPH at 3k rpms. I CAN BLOW ANYTHING UP!!

nope. it was actually a heater hose. to get to it, you have to take the battery, fan shroud and some wiring out. given the rain the the NE had for like a week straight, i wasn't about to do that in the pouring rain.

<~~~ doesnt have a garage

Back