Got smoked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Theres is a TECH problem here guys please just read all of the right up befor killing it.

Heres the deal, I was bored and whent to the street drags. I found some foos at the gas station and they had some homie that didnt wanna come out inless there was any one worth racing. So.....i tell um its a GS-R (Vtec badge removed) and that im worth racing. So foo comes out with a b16 hatch stock with just the basics. I run him and get smoked in first and second and third intill speeds are just tp fast for the small areas. I also raced some foo with like a 95 civic coup with an Ls i get smoked by him same deal, i then run there dumb friend with YES a cavaliar :eek: a newer 2.0 5 speed cav but still, what gives?

I lowerd the front tires to 30 psi at the track the other night and never put them back up, it seemd like my car was gripping good on the street even though i got smoked. My question is maybe was it cause they were to low it was kill my gaining speed that bad? What should i check or do? Im not even sure where to start, this cant be right. Also i noticed that my car would pull hard on the launch to the right, could have been the street and the wheel, but could it also have been another signe of tire pressure issues? Also i felt i drove well so i dont think it was an issue. I will aslo be doing basic maintenance here pretty soon.

I was just very unimpressed with my cars performance last night and have come to the conclusion that something is arie though im not sure what exactly. I have all the basics and a FPR, what should i set my Fuel pressure at on a stock C1? Im not exactly sure if it was bumped or not. Whats the stock Fuel pressure?

Ps. I dont encourage street racing and this was the first time i have ever gone some where with intentions of doing it.

Maybe they lied and had more than they said they did? Dunno though. You can't really trust people with what they say is done to their car.

I agree BUT i got smoked by a cav, plus just all three smoked me theres a problem i know it. Im just gonna go over every thing. Timeing, plugs, check the cap and rotor, fill the tires back up and taled to a few buddies. WAS hoping some one might be able to give me some better advice then the things i just listed.

Was the clutch holding tight, any slipage? What tires are you running? Remeber a hatch has a lot less weight than an Integra, a few hundred pounds. If I were you I would get the basics like you mentioned, FPR should be set to OEM spec as you do not have enough mods to really change it yet.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahha

Originally posted by driverunknown@Apr 15 2004, 04:51 PM
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahha

Lick balls bitch! :p

Any ways yea...........i just ran a 15.5 in it so im know how to drive it. The hatch had a carbon fiber hood on top of it. But yeah it is pretty funny. I will say this though my car was pulling every launch to the right so i wasint geting a great launch but still. Guess ima have to figure out WTF on my own. It felt a lil under power to the last couple days but i could be trippin.

Oh and yeah bet all you want man. I know WTF if i felt that was the problem i would say so. Dont be a stooge!

I'm glad you have a sense of humor.
Just do what you said about the ignition system and check your fluids. Maybe you had a full tank of gas.
Full gas = teh slow

Good luck and find those bitches to clear your name.

I smoked a Z24 Cavalier that was modified. Thats just a b16 in a 91 integra with ls tranny. vtec broke the tires loose in 1st, 2nd spun a lil, 3rd chriped. even then I beat the kid by like 3-4 car lengths.
another friend of mine, we were out racin the one night, and this kid wanted to race him, but wanted to know what was done to it...so my friend said it has a b16 swap and showed him,and there was the beast h22 turbo in a 92 civic hb, and the kid didnt know the differece. hes the king of philly right now......(no ones beat him)

fly me out to where you live, room and board me, give me your car and i guarantee I will smoke those cars with your gsr hatchie.

assuming they were telling the truth about what they had under the hood.

shoulda inspected.....were they squeezing?

Hey, street race guy, check it out. You know what a street racers best friend is? Or any racer?

A dyno.

You go to it before you race anyone for money on the track or whatever to make sure you know what your car can do BEFORe you race it. If your making like 140 WHP, then your car is going to run stock times...mid 15's. If your making 160 WHP, then you know you can probably hit high 14's and you know what you can take.

You scout other cars at the track to see what they are running and see the times they are running.

You learn what your car can beat and what it can't.

You bet money on sure things. If there is 1 thing guys like to do about their motors, its run their mouth at the track. ahha. So I learn what does what, in what car, and I have it down to a science.

I even know what car can win if I misshift. Because I know what track times I can do missing a gear. lol.

Its like school. you study, you get A's, you don't you fail and lose.

Heres a tip to make them not want to race you next time: Tell them you have an IB motor in your car. ROFL. haha

Jeff

Jeff - What the hell is wrong with you? I think those guys were lying to you about what they had under the hood. I have a 2001 GS (NON VTEC) as you know and I smoked a Focus SVT by 3 car lengths I know that it is a Focus but they come with 175hp and I believe it is lighter than my car. Maybe try holding your gas down and keeping the RPMs at 3500-4000 and dropping it. Call me I want a piece of the GSR as well. :p

OK OK OK fuckers. This shit wont be happening again. AT least i had the balls to come in and say i got smoked by three dfferent cars, one being a cavy. :D Yeah may have been an off night to.

Fisrt i wasint sure i was even gonna go cause i couldint find one homie that was down. Then i saw about tree cops befor i even got a block from my house. Then i missed my exit on the way home and for a split second thaught i was super man and was gonna cut across the spliting devider line, needless to say i got scared of what i might hit and shot back over at about 75mph only to find i was on loose gravel now, well the car (The whole car) did a left, then a right, then a left, and then i had control again. At the very least i was happy i was able to control the car like that but still, i think it just wasint my night. :shrug2:

I would loooooooove to clear my name and i even told umm i might be back friday, but man that was bad yo.

Ps. ...........Fuckers

Back